Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I must be from a different mold. To me, the glass was never half full nor half empty.

It was just always half a glass. My truck would have half a tank of gas - not a half full or half empty tank.
If the waitress came by our table and asked if I wanted more coffee...I might say, :"Yes, half a cup, please." ,
but I would't say half a full cup or half an empty cup.

My friends would argue about commercial drinks growing up. Some would say "pop", some would say "soda", other would say "Cola".

I would say: "Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Coke, Mr.Pibb" etc... I just called them by their name.

Where do you fit in?

Reactions: jonrjen

Administrator
It isn't a half full or half empty thing, it's about being optimistic, or pessimistic. I'm usually a half full kind of guy.:D

Registered
While the optimist and pessimist are making their argument, I, the opportunist am going to drink the glass and hope it is Johnnie Walker Blue label!

Supporting SuperModerator
What was the starting point of the liquid in the glass? If it started full and is now half, it is half empty. If it was empty and is now half, it is half full.
Just a realist

mf_emoticon_slapfight.gif

Banned
Well, one thing for sure, unless more is added, it will soon be empty! .......Regardless whether the glass is half empty or half full you still have half a glass and that is better than and empty glass.

Reactions: rhuber and Jake3501

Registered
I'd argue the glass is neither half full nor half empty, but rather the glass is just too big! :D :D :D

Registered
What size is the glass?? Yes it makes a difference..:eek:

Reactions: TexasAviator

Registered
The glass is always full. It just not be full of the liquid you want, the remainder is taken up by air.

Registered
For me , it is just halfence

Registered
I must be from a different mold. To me, the glass was never half full nor half empty.

It was just always half a glass. My truck would have half a tank of gas - not a half full or half empty tank.
If the waitress came by our table and asked if I wanted more coffee...I might say, :"Yes, half a cup, please." ,
but I would't say half a full cup or half an empty cup.

My friends would argue about commercial drinks growing up. Some would say "pop", some would say "soda", other would say "Cola".

I would say: "Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Coke, Mr.Pibb" etc... I just called them by their name.

Where do you fit in?
NOT Really Sure that I ever have FIT IN, but then that's just me,

Registered
I had a full cup, but the government took half, my wife a quarter cup, my kids took another 20 percent leave me with just a sip.

Reactions: Sekol

Registered
An optimist sees the glass as half full, the pessimist sees the glass as half empty and the realist just sees the toxins in the water.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts