Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm only being half serious, but I recently purchased a PT111 and ... I feel as if they are trying to look down on me and feel sorry for me all at once... Was there a Ford Pinto that Taurus produced at one point? Perhaps a Yugo?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
What model Taurus? :)

Oops... just saw your post about PT111.

Congrats. It's a quality firearm that is on par with others that cost 2 or 3 times as much.

·
Registered
24,606 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Because they need to justify the extra money they spent on their Glock, HK, or whatever.

When I took my concealed class, the guy in the lane next to me was convinced that I would fail because my Taurus was junk. I put all 50 rounds in the 2 center rings while the instructor was yelling to shoot faster because I was being to accurate. By the end I was shooting as fast as I could.

Guess who could barely keep his shots on the silhouette. The idiot in the next lane shooting his customized Glock with aftermarket trigger, night sights, and custom stippling...
And when someone with a Taurus outshoots their high-dollar gun for less than half the price, they get testy...

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Shakes head...just kidding :) Taurus had/has a bad reputation based on earlier products and services. Now the reputation is undeserved, IMO.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Because the uninformed tend to laugh when they don't understand.
That's it exactly! I still get funny looks from family about my 709 but guess what? I haven't had any issues with it so I point to the money I saved getting it over what they spent! :p

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Because they don't know what they are talking about and they have to justify their expensive purchases to themselves.

Reactions: rollin thunder

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
..When I tell them I've bought a Taurus????!?!?!?!?!?
Its mostly about the reputation of the brand, some justified and a lot of gossip by "I knew this guy that had a Taurus"
The accuracy/function of a weapon is a team effort, its also about the person holding the gun and a lot about the weapon itself.
so yea a guy with a Taurus may outshoot a guy with a Colt, Ruger, etc. but then again a guy with a Raven may outshoot the same guy that's shooting the Taurus as well.
You will either be happy with the purchase (no problems, good accuracy) or you will b dissatisfied with the purchase, functioning problems, bad quality control, customer service, factory support, etc.
time will tell and you will form your own opinion as time goes by
enjoy the weapon and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
When I took my concealed class, the guy in the lane next to me was convinced that I would fail because my Taurus was junk. I put all 50 rounds in the 2 center rings while the instructor was yelling to shoot faster because I was being to accurate. By the end I was shooting as fast as I could.
The best way to handle that would have been for you to offer your Taurus to him for a few shots.
Watching him choke don't that crow would have been priceless.
Plus it would have been the 'fatherly' thing to do.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Learn your weapon inside and out. Be safe in all circumstances. Practice, practice, practice. Don't listen to the idiots about how bad Taurus is. Form your own opinion and enjoy your PT111. I have a PT111 G2 and I love it. I have had no problems with it @ all.

One thing to know is that to take down the weapon the owner's book does not tell you to pull the trigger back right before you move the slide forward. That is a must. :) Also, when you are racking a round pull the slide all the way back and let it go (don't continue to hold onto the slide as it moves forward) or you can use the slide release to chamber the round. Either way works well.

PS, hope I didn't offend you if you are a seasoned gun owner. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a few other guns...I've been shooting for about 16 years, but no offense taken. Your words may be helpful to someone new on here.

My other fun items include:
-Mag Tactical AIR 15
-Walther PK380
-Sig 1911
-Savage Model 4
-30-30 Lever gun
-M1 Garand
..And I am in the Army so I get that toybox as well

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
When My Taurus gun out shoots them at the range it is usually followed by at least they got one right. Then I usually say really, lets try a few more. :D

I must say in my neck of the woods Taurus has been better received at the range. I just hope it does not start slipping again with the current management.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts