1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
"If I owned only what I need, I'd be living in a spartan efficiency apartment, wearing a Mao suit and eating gruel. I have no interest in living that way."
Because I want it or Because I can. Great reasons.

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Ooopps, didn't read far enough to get to my real favorite line:

"If I had to go, Stetson Stratoliner in hand, to some puffed-up bureaucrat to beg permission to purchase the boxed set of Firefly DVDs or a mutt rescue dog."

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Gotta love a fire-breathing libertarian like Tooch. His column is spot on. On the other hand, there's not much point in answering the question. It's purely rhetorical, and merely serves to identify the questioner as a Marxist. Members of the Marxist elite are diametrically opposed to your desire to be free. Marxists who aren't members of the elite are too stupid to care about their own freedom. So there's really not much point in arguing with them, but if you just happen to be in a pissy mood, you can always give one of the following answers:

1) Because brain-dead leftists like you don't want me to have one.

2) Because I'm gonna need it to euthanize a whole bunch of brain-dead leftists like you.

3) When you brain-dead leftists finally get the kind of government you want, somebody's gonna take away a whole bunch of stuff that you don't need.

Feel free to substitute other colorful epithets for brain-dead leftist.:)

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I'll give you an exact and specific reason. An AK is a piece of history, not unlike a Colt 1873 SAA. There were more of them made, over a longer span of years, than any other weapon in recorded history. They are not accurate ----- poor choice for hunting. they were cheaply made, with no fine Swiss engraving. They're downright ugly, with no fancy walnut. but holding one is like holding the politcal history of the 20th century.

So do I NEED one? Of course not. Do you need a piece of sculpture or a painting or a 62 Pontiac? No-- you don't. You want it for it's uniqueness.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Too windy and not to the real point.

Why do I need an "assault" rifle? Because it is my duty and obligations to own and be proficient with one, so that I may be able to defend my country from tyranny and arbitrary rule.

It is a responsibility, not a need.

See how easy that is? Oh, and anyone who wants to cross swords with that gets called either a collaborator or a skirt. They get to pick the category.

My days of being nice to skirts, collaborators or idiots are finished. We are just about to lose the nation because we have been told to be nice, and we have been stupid enough to do it. Meanwhile, those who demand undeserved respect and niceness are destroying the nation.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
I Was talking to a big ol' ******* at the gun shop, today. This rascal was a good 6'6'' with no fat and plenty of muscle. He was telling me how he and his family have no cable, no computer and no cell phone. They have an old TV with which they view local TV stations - when they bother with TV. Most of what they eat comes from their land.

He has to go see the boss, tomorrow. The meeting is regarding action against him for threatening another employee for arguing that "assault" weapons laws and magazine limitations are a good idea. "I don't have much tolerance for idiots and Godless commies." I hope the boss is a good, God-fearing Alabamian!

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Why does a dog lick his nuts? Because he can. I really don't feel a need, nor do I feel particularly compelled to answer that question. (Hope I didn't exceed the boundaries by my first sentence).

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
I'd walk away. I ignore ignorance!!

·
Registered
14,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Off topic buy have to ask. Anyone expecting counter demonstrations at the state capitols on Saturday? I'm desperately trying to find a way to get to Lansing but it doesn't look good for me right now.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Too windy and not to the real point.

Why do I need an "assault" rifle? Because it is my duty and obligations to own and be proficient with one, so that I may be able to defend my country from tyranny and arbitrary rule.

It is a responsibility, not a need.

See how easy that is? Oh, and anyone who wants to cross swords with that gets called either a collaborator or a skirt. They get to pick the category.

My days of being nice to skirts, collaborators or idiots are finished. We are just about to lose the nation because we have been told to be nice, and we have been stupid enough to do it. Meanwhile, those who demand undeserved respect and niceness are destroying the nation.
No more "Mr Nice-guy" Denton, I shudder to think! ;)

To the OP, if they don't like my version of Denton's response, I just don't go there. I never justify a 'need' to anyone, for anything, that I PAY FOR.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I do not "need" an assault rifle. No one does. But there could be a thousand different things that could happen where I could protect my self, my family and my neighbors better if I did have one. And, it is my right as an American. Even my wife who has only recently shot a gun for the first time. Said she would feel even safer if we had an AR in the house. And if I had either the money or a place to practice with it. I would get one. It's my choice and my right.

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Why do I need a sport utility rifle? In case the need arises, that's why! Why do you need homeowner's Insurance...you planning on starting a fire or something??? Dumbest question anyone could ask me!

Why did a lot of idiots not in the Military need a Hummer, particularly the ones on a Tahoe chassis. No offense to any Hummer owners out there who enjoy spending a lot on a mode of transportation and it's fuel! Much more macho looking than practical.

How about, I need an AR to look and feel cooler when driving my Hummer, since I can't afford a Ma Deuce?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Got in a big argument with a number of gun ignorant from todays generation...every single one asked me the question "Why do you NEED an assault rifle"...So I replied with "What car do you drive?" (two drive WRX STi's suped up) And "Why do you NEED a car with almost 500 brake horsepower?" The told them their suped up cars probably kill about 1000 times more people than my deadly "assault rifles"....yet they still dont understand, at all, and I ended up getting so frustrated havent talked to them since.
The "friend" heading the argument said something that kind of made my jaw drop. He said "Would you rather be shot with a 9mm or 223?" then basicly said since 9mm doesnt kill as easy or as efficiently as 223, THATS why ARs should be illegal.
So wait, it should be illegal for because it would disable an attacker or intruder better than a 9mm? Huh?

It is SO frustrating, I thought I was passionate about the election, boy oh boy, this brings it to a whole new level, and thats not always a good thing, it gets to me much, much more.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Pointless. The ignorant have been sold a bill of goods. And swallowed it hook line and sinker.
First there are not assault rifles. Assault rifles fire either full auto or select fire. NEITHER of which any commercially mass produced over the counter weapon will do.
Second so mislabeled "Assault weapons" kill a tiny percentage of what handguns do. period. Full stop. The feds own database.
Lastly NBC admits now "....no assault weapon was used and may not even have been present in the vehicle..." So once again BHO pushing for something based on a lie.

Remember New York residents just lost their freedoms based on a LIE.

Disgusted with the White House. Disgusted with our media and disgusted by this useless politically correct everyone's a winner, no responsibility having, for the good of the children crapfest this country has become.

"....In a nation of 311 million people, the odds of being killed by a rifle is about one homicide per million people, which is far less than the odds of being murdered by a blunt object. But we don’t hear the media arguing about regulating hammers and clubs. Again, when 99.7% of registered gun owners are law-abiding, gun control is not about guns, it’s about control".

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Got in a big argument with a number of gun ignorant from todays generation...every single one asked me the question "Why do you NEED an assault rifle"...So I replied with "What car do you drive?" (two drive WRX STi's suped up) And "Why do you NEED a car with almost 500 brake horsepower?" The told them their suped up cars probably kill about 1000 times more people than my deadly "assault rifles"....yet they still dont understand, at all, and I ended up getting so frustrated havent talked to them since.
The "friend" heading the argument said something that kind of made my jaw drop. He said "Would you rather be shot with a 9mm or 223?" then basicly said since 9mm doesnt kill as easy or as efficiently as 223, THATS why ARs should be illegal.
So wait, it should be illegal for because it would disable an attacker or intruder better than a 9mm? Huh?

It is SO frustrating, I thought I was passionate about the election, boy oh boy, this brings it to a whole new level, and thats not always a good thing, it gets to me much, much more.
Ask him if he was shot in the head with a 9mm at point blank range if it would make any difference. Yep no car needs to be able to go faster than the speed limit!

Reactions: lonestarbandit
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.