Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a question to the TTAG group at the NRA convention. I asked them to ask Taurus why their current line of modern long guns produced in Brazil were not available here.

TTAG posted a response:

Taurus Rifles – Why No Imports? | The Truth About Guns

Taurus Rifles – Why No Imports? Posted on April 14, 2012 by Tim McNabb
Texas Deputy asks:
TAURUS: When are you going to start selling your already existing, currently produced long guns in the US?
Bruce Kraft ran this question to ground for the Armed Intelligentsia.
“It turns out that thanks to Senator Chris Dodd’s fascist Gun Control Act of 1968, you cannot import a firearm with a magazine capacity greater than 10 rounds.
They are looking to find a manufacturer to make 30 round mags, or they may have to modify the mag well to take existing mags.”

There you go, kids. Asked and answered.

(There are several additional responses on the original TTAG post linked above)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Isn't Taurus expanding facilites in the USA? Maybe in the future if we keep asking!?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Or they can make a carbine that takes AR mags in 5.56

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Or they can make a carbine that takes AR mags in 5.56
I own both AR15s and a KelTec SU16C and love them all. the KelTec is much cleaner when firing than the AR15 platform. Prices on any .223/5.56 platform have gone through the roof in the last year. I think the upcoming election has gotten many folks thinking a bit.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
I feel safer that way the bad guys don't have them. I mean I can take 10 rounds from a 30.06... and still walk away... but that eleventh round would be too much!:rolleyes:
(I believe MadKaw said a while back dark green was the colour of sarcasm!) :D

·
Registered
29,944 Posts
OK...circumvent the import restrictions by making them here.

I believe the demand would justify the start up cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts