Taurus Firearm Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
My mother is Filipino. I heard stories about this. They also have real punishments when you where privileged enough to go to school and didn't pay attention or was disrespectful. A slap from the ruler was considered "getting off easy" she would tell me. Real punishments make real changes. That's the rule I was brought up with in my house. That's the rules I apply in my house. Dad was a Marine, mom came from a time and place where disrespecting parents came with much worse than a simple smack in the chops. My house was pretty disciplined and organized growing up. On the flip side of that coin. Me and my brother were always rewarded with the best my parents could give us. It was one of those things good kids good rewards bad kids. I can't say on here don't think statue of limitations has been met yet lol.
I'll tell you what, when I attended "Religious School", I learned in fast manner that the Nuns could be one tuff bunch.
I can still feel the wooden ruler on my knuckles. I must have been a real pain in the ass to push them to that point.

Maybe that's why my Parents sent me to religious school?

·
Registered
962 Posts
always dumbfounded me that people who do this "unique" stuff are dumbfounded when they can't find a job. Dude you look like a desk in detention or a pin cushion. You really think I'm going to hire a piece of modern art. Nope.
Why are so many young people unhappy?
Well, maybe it's the 47 piercings, 18 tattoos and a hair color not found in nature
and they just saw themselves in a mirror for the first time.
Or, they've tried so hard to be an individual, to stand out and then end up looking
exactly like their peers.
Or, they just don't understand why working hard and being productive is a good thing
and why they can't earn a living living in mommy's basement.
Bring back the draft. It will either straighten them up and teach them respect or they will end up in jail.
Either way they will be out of our hair.
Or, like another poster said..........they just choose to be.
I know 3 people I have never seen smile, heard laugh or say something lighthearted.
They suck the light out of any room they enter.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts