Taurus Firearm Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Supporting Moderator
5,349 Posts
Why are so many young people unhappy?
Because they choose to be.................

·
Super Moderator
34,953 Posts
Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
^^^^^^^^ all of the above ^^^^^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
10,974 Posts
I don't know, isn't this the way evolution is supposed to work? The strong survive and the weak go to college, eat Tide pods, become incels and don't reproduce.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Posts #2 and #21 nailed it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Public school is the problem. We took all of our kids out of public school back in the early 80s when things were getting bad and home schooled them. They have all done very well. Our youngest son finished high school at such an early age that his mom didn't want him on a college campus at just 15 years of age so she enrolled him at Texas Tech University on the Internet. He finished 2 years of college at home without being on campus. He took his proctored tests at Troy University near where we lived back then in Montgomery, AL

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
My wife thinks it's because they have faced so little adversity. Death from childhood diseases is practically non-existent, almost no one is ever hungry, cold or ill-dressed anymore, so they haven't developed any coping skills.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Blame it all on William Hanna and Joseph Barbra.

Formerly, on TV, the American Husband/Father was typified by Fred McMurray.

Hanna Brbera lowered the bar to the loud-mouthed, slack-jawed Fred Flintstone who was always wrong, always abusive and never socially proficient.

And everybody jumped into the handbasket.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts

Hanna Brbera lowered the bar to the loud-mouthed, slack-jawed Fred Flintstone who was always wrong, always abusive and never socially proficient.

Hey now, let's not rush to judgment on Hanna Barbara...Scooby Doo (the greatest cartoon of all time) was one of theirs.

·
Registered
18,498 Posts

The Flintstones was just The Honeymooners set in the stone age, that was before My Three Sons and Leave It To Beaver.

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hey now, let's not rush to judgment on Hanna Barbara...Scooby Doo (the greatest cartoon of all time) was one of theirs.
If they had never lived we never would have had Yogi Bear! :(

Reactions: slong115

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Because their shorts are in a bunch?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I think they hit on it...lack of God and Jesus in their lives. I will go no farther than that.
IMO, THAT is it in a nutshell. ...... Although we could list hundreds of reasons, I say they all lead back to one thing.

Has to be pretty depressing not knowing that the good guy runs the show, and that in the end, the good guy wins.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
I think it's all this gender identity thing they are allowed to go through, and aren't for sure which restroom to go to.

I know I am unhappy when I really need to go and can't get to a bathroom soon enough, and I have no gender identity problems! :eek:

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
Okay, let's cut to the chase here. The real reason kids are unhappy is because they haven't been introduced to shooting sports. Everyone knows that happiness is a warm gun barrel. Without guns, life lacks purpose and meaning so it's no wonder they feel lost, left out and abandoned.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Because I spend a lot of time working with kids, I was invited to attend a seminar on youth development Saturday. The session I took was "Brain Development in Young People." Without going into boring detail and clinical terms etc., the long and short is that there is a disconnect between brain development and stimulus and how the younger people (Gen Z - 7yo to 22yo) process the outside world. Things which are important to the Gen Z'rs are not the same things that are important to the Millennials and so on. For example, Gen Z'rs are a rent to rent rather than a rent to own generation. Nothing is permanent. This changes as the brain develops, but the higher order parts of the brain are not fully developed until age 22-24. And it makes a lot of sense to me. Just something to consider.

Reactions: Flash60601

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Because I spend a lot of time working with kids, I was invited to attend a seminar on youth development Saturday. The session I took was "Brain Development in Young People." Without going into boring detail and clinical terms etc., the long and short is that there is a disconnect between brain development and stimulus and how the younger people (Gen Z - 7yo to 22yo) process the outside world. Things which are important to the Gen Z'rs are not the same things that are important to the Millennials and so on. For example, Gen Z'rs are a rent to rent rather than a rent to own generation. Nothing is permanent. This changes as the brain develops, but the higher order parts of the brain are not fully developed until age 22-24. And it makes a lot of sense to me. Just something to consider.
The Millennials are now beginning to buy homes in greater numbers. I think that the Great Recession and college debt stunted the growth there and the possibility of home ownership. Gen Z, which is the group now just graduating college this year at the oldest part of that range have the college debt as well as the belief that the world will end in 12 years. When they hit 30 the realization that they are still here will dawn on them and they will begin planning more for the future.

https://realestate.usnews.com/real-...-2019-be-the-year-of-the-millennial-homebuyer

Another factor may be the burgeoning addiction that we see with the resurgence of marijuana use promoted by legalization, along with the kid focused alcohol flavors offered. Any addiction can slow or stunt the maturation process and also lead to depression.

Reactions: Flash60601
41 - 60 of 82 Posts