1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
34,958 Posts
I think they hit on it...lack of God and Jesus in their lives. I will go no farther than that.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Reefer madness?
Rock n' Roll?
The rise of political progressives?
It's all rolled up in a man bun if you ask me.

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
I can't say the reasons listed in the article aren't aggravating factors but it seems the big one, the number one reason I believe young people are so unhappy is because they are taught to be. When I was a kid, the only time you heard the term offensive, is if someone was talking about war or sports. Now, the simple fact that others exist in this world is cause for most to be offended or claim they're being bullied and/or oppressed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They are not contented. I guess ... :eek:

·
Super Moderator
35,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now wait just a dang nabbed minute. Don't drag the beautiful game into this. It's played around the globe and inspires many young people to greater things. ;)

My first impression is that people under 30 have been indoctrinated into believing that the world will cease to exist before the end of their natural life span. Add that to a decline in religious teaching as mentioned above, and it pretty much sucks hope out of people. :mad:

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Enrolling in Liberal Arts degrees????? No jobs after spending $80,000 on a worthless degree!

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
Now wait just a dang nabbed minute. Don't drag the beautiful game into this. It's played around the globe and inspires many young people to greater things. ;)

My first impression is that people under 30 have been indoctrinated into believing that the world will cease to exist before the end of their natural life span. Add that to a decline in religious teaching as mentioned above, and it pretty much sucks hope out of people. :mad:
Good point. We used to make fun of "chicken little". They make "chicken little" the spokes-idiot for each and every cause. With tears and emotion, it seems clear some of these misguided people actually believe their world is doomed.

There has to be a way to make a buck off this. I remember our company paying consultants millions before Y2K, and those consultants had no idea what we did or what we were doing. No one cared that our system didn't care about Y2K, but that didn't stop the cash from flowing. I need to figure out how to charge big, ignorant businesses millions to avoid "chicken little". They'll feel good (and so will I).

·
Administrator
35,119 Posts
Participation trophies. They give kids a false sense of success, of achievement, and think that this is the way life will be when they get into the real world. Then, they run hard into the wall of reality, where bosses expect results, paychecks have to be earned, and they can't play XBox til 3 in the morning.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
I'll try to make some parents mad here - stop trying to change their sexuality, kick their butts outside without their precious electronics, and instead of making excuses for their uselessness, demand accountability. Parents use electronics as their baby sitter, but what they're doing is growing a bunch of limp-wristed babies that will never adjust to the real world. It's no wonder why they're so unhappy.

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
I'll try to make some parents mad here - stop trying to change their sexuality, kick their butts outside without their precious electronics, and instead of making excuses for their uselessness, demand accountability. Parents use electronics as their baby sitter, but what they're doing is growing a bunch of limp-wristed babies that will never adjust to the real world. It's no wonder why they're so unhappy.

"kick their butts outside without their precious electronics" he says as he's glued to TA.net for the latest post about .25 ACP pistols!

·
17,585 Posts
More specifically FFPS Soccer. "Fun, Fair, Positive Soccer"....everybody is equal and everybody gets a trophy. Then they grow up and get depressed when they find out they aren't special.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Let me add this little tidbit that seems to be washed over in this article.

What about the LSM and their constant doom and gloom about the world will end soon do to this, that, or some other invented situation or concern (climate change, anyone)? And if it isn't their invented situation, then it is something that you eat or drink that will eventually kill you soon if you continue to consume it on a regular basis. By the time you are done watching a typical news broadcast, you feel like you might as well just cash in your chips, because you either will be dead soon or should be dead because of something you did or what will happen soon.

Just for the record, it is 2020 now. I have lived through multiple doomsday predictions that I gave up counting, have not seen the predicted Ice Age or melted do to "Global Warming", have consumed enough of whatever food or beverage that is supposed to have kill me to kill off a small village, and am still alive, kicking, and posting this message on an internet forum.

Reactions: rhugg

·
Registered
531 Posts
My two cents;

- Fewer Fathers in the home (role models)
- Lack of religion (Faith)
- The Internet - a wonderful resource but also contributes to loneliness, jealousy, Fear of missing out (FOMO) and anonymous shaming.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I agree with a couple other posts.

Everyone got a trophy and therefore kids never learned how to deal with losing.

They're trained to be unhappy. You follow the liberal propaganda. They are taught that they're the worst people on Earth because they live in the worst country on Earth. A country that does nothing but take, take, take from the rest of the world and only thinks about itself.

Been having an interesting discussion with a friend about why she no longer uses the self-check at the grocery. Her view is it puts a check-out person out of work. Told her a lot of people in the world are doing GREAT things with their lives NOW because life kicked them in the backside and made them realize they had to get more education, training, or whatever to improve their situation. Not using the self check keeps someone, who could possibly be making ten times the money, in a low paying, dead end job. Point being, not learning to deal with disappointment (Everyone gets a trophy) keeps people from exploring life to see what strengths they DO have and can capitalize on.

There's a lot of pressure on kids to go to college. Very few high schools offer any kind of trades based education. Schools handhold these kids through high school to get the schools required graduation numbers. These kids go on to college and just can't do it and don't understand why. Well, no one is going to hold your hand in college. Then, they have nothing else to fall back on, like some trades training.

I KNEW I wasn't meant for college. Went to tech school and have done pretty well for myself.

[/RANT]

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
This hits it on the mark! Colleges teach about "White Privilege", "Micro Aggression", Colonialism, and point out that you do not have a right to be happy because previous generations have destroyed the world balance.

Today they teach that if you do not judge a person based on the color of their skin, you are racist.

Maloy

I can't say the reasons listed in the article aren't aggravating factors but it seems the big one, the number one reason I believe young people are so unhappy is because they are taught to be. When I was a kid, the only time you heard the term offensive, is if someone was talking about war or sports. Now, the simple fact that others exist in this world is cause for most to be offended or claim they're being bullied and/or oppressed.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
How about the lack of:

: Discipline
: Religion
: Respect
: Self Pride
: Cooperation
: Initiative
: Confidence

Remember getting home from school and grabbing your Baseball glove, or football, or basketball, or your air rifle and jumping on your bicycle, meeting all of your friends and "Playing" until it was time to go home for supper??? Most of the time, the personal qualities I mentioned earlier, is what we all learned... Together.

Take that away, and you have a bunch of zombie space shots, amusing themselves by staring at electronic devices... By Themselves.

And Oh Yeah... Remember catchin' a good backhand every once in a while? I do. Like it was yesterday.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts