Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What were the deciding factors on getting a 24/7 over an XD, M&P or Glock?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was at a gun show last weekend and was looking for a compact and had virtually every gun in production to check out, hold etc - I was deciding on the XD sub comp, the M&P C, and the glock 26 - I chose the 24/7 because of:

1 - the features - has nearly every avail feature including an external safety, which for me, I like to have in a carry gun and you don't see on glocks or M&Ps - in 9mm it has a 17+1 capacity

2 - simply put it felt great to hold - not as thick an bulky as a baby glock or the XD IMO and I like the rubberized grip - the mags have extensions already on them so with a mag in it feels great, it has a nice balance to it for a polymer framed pistol

3 - the price - at the gun show I was trying to decide between an XD sub comp for 450 NIB, but I couldn't ignore the 24/7 C at 310 NIB!

So that was why I chose it -

·
Administrator
18,576 Posts
Glock - Didn't like the Grip or the Trigger

M&P - Didn't like the Trigger or having a Magazine Safety, although now you can special order them without

XD - Actually, I really like the XD's, but the Taurus 24/7 Pro Trigger was better and I could buy the 9mm 24/7 for less $$$

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
jwc007 said:
M&P - Didn't like the Trigger or having a Magazine Safety, although now you can special order them without
The M&P trigger just needs to be worked in for about 500 rounds. After that it's pretty darn smooth.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I don't have one yet but in addition to the OSS model when it's released, I'll pick up a 2nd 24/7 PRO if I can get a longslide model. :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Glock - Never got use to the grip angle. I can shoot it fine, just doesn't feel comfortable.

M&P - I had a Sigma once, it was an early model with problems. The M&P is just a Sigma with a new dress on her, can't get past it being a Sigma.

XD - I had the fortune of shooting the original Croatian pistol before it was licensed to Springfield as the XD. It was nice and the XD is nice, the 24/7 just feels better, 24/7 has more of the options I wanted in a pistol (yes even the DAO version).

I feel more confident about my 24/7's reliability over any of the other 3 pistols listed above. especially the M&P, but remember I had a bad Sigma once so I am baised. I own 3 24/7's (9mm & 45cal) and 1 PT145...

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
DRAEGER said:
Glock - Never got use to the grip angle. I can shoot it fine, just doesn't feel comfortable.
True...I notice it now more since I retired and have been purchasing more handguns lately. I still love my Glock 19 but my XD's and 24/7 do feel better in my hand.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I used several Glock models for years because sometimes it was all that was available while working outside the USA. But I never got use to them. One really odd pistol I had for a while was a H&K VP 70Z, had a horrible double action trigger. Also, this was the first polymer pistol ever made, that I know of.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 24/7 was my first. It was between that, a comparable glock and a Walther p99.

I crossed the Walther off my list, it felt really awkward in my hands. The glock's trigger I still cannot stand, and the grip angle feels really strange.

The Taurus had everything I was looking for. Light, comfortable, external safety, 17+1 9mm not to mention it's a good looking pistol! Very very happy with my first. My only gripe(s) are the Heine's and Taurus' slow service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts