Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize not everyone is a fan but who is your favorite Country or Country Western Singer or group.

You only get to pick one. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Mr George Strait

·
Registered
31,695 Posts
1. George Strait

2. Kenny Chesney

3. Garth Brooks, wish he'd get back busy with some new songs, he used to be #1 for my pick.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
mr strait--many others (u said 1 i cheated)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Currently Justin Moore

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
George Strait, Garth Brooks, Merle Haggard... wow... I could just go on and on.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
George Strait, Zack Brown Band, Sugarland, Toby Kieth, Brooks & Dunn, Alabama just to name a few. Picking just one would be hard to do because it would depend on who has the right music for the mood I'm in at the time. Darius Ruckers performance last week with the handicaped really stole the show in my opinion.

·
5,686 Posts
Kenny Rogers, Conway Twitty, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Charlie Daniels ......I could go on and on and on. I grew up on country music. My Mother was a country western music dance teacher and still working in the country music scene in Branson Mo. to this day. I was country when country wasn't cool ;)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
King George, Patsy,AJ,Merle,Willie(who I spoke with last night at Stoney's in Vegas),Waylon & The Man IN Black!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Man, ask an easy question why don't 'ya? It depends on so many things. I guess that my favorite all around country singer is Johnny Cash, but there are so many others just as good that its hard to make a definitive call!

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Easy question, hard to answer.
Let's get a little obscure. How about Don Williams or Tom T. Hall

I believe in you:

Old Dogs and Children and Watermelon Wine:

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don Williams has one of the best voices ever to hit the music business. Ol' Tom T. was a good story teller!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
George Strait & Patsy Cline

Over the years I've traveled to and from Colorado and Texas probably over a hundred times. When "Amarillo by Morning" came out I thought it was written for me. I always have the tape ready and it works whether I'm traveling north or south.

I've never heard ANYONE with a voice equal to Patsy's. For those of you too young to have seen her "live", I'm truly sorry.

·
5,686 Posts
The music post today got me thinking and searching on Youtube for my favorites. I found this, one of my favorite all time. I don't know what genre this falls in, but it's to funny to not share.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
BigSkiff™ said:
I realize not everyone is a fan but who is your favorite Country or Country Western Singer or group.

You only get to pick one. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts