Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I am a member and probably will stay one, but am considering joining GOA and/or 2nd Amendment Foundation. My money is limited right now, so I have to choose wisely.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I used to be a member but I got tired of my mailbox being filled by solicitations for more and more money. That got really tiresome. If I thought that it had changed any, I would rejoin but I doubt that it has. I may check into GOA.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I am but I choose not to certain years like when they backed dirty harry reid last midterms, I let them know my opinion. My last Taurus purchase covers me for the next year. Their not perfect that's why you need to yell at them.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
NRA member here..

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Yes, I rarely get any mail asking for money, some letters asking to upgrade to life or extend my membership.
I do get emails that always end in a request for money.

They still seem the strongest pro 2A group in Washington.

·
Registered
708 Posts
NRA member for a couple of years. I receive email solicitations for some NRA gear and other sponsored stuff. Not a bunch. No snail mail stuff that I recall. If the email stuff gets to be a pain, I'll either unsub or filter to the trash.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
NRA member, but I too get tired of the mailbox stuffed full

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I was an on and off NRA member from the early '90s and became a Life Member a few years ago.

For people that quit just because of money solicitations, I know how you feel. I quit for a few years at a time in my past partly due to that.

However, you do have two options.

1. Rip your name and address off the envelope and shred it. Throw away the remainder in the trash or recycle it, whatever makes you happy. Printed material in the USA keeps people working. People like me.

2. Change your magazine subscription to a digital subscription. You will pretty much see your mail box void of NRA material, but you email inbox will get plenty. Regarding the email info, most of it is a pertinent news update. Yes, they will ask for money. Just hit delete if you don't want to give at that time.

·
Registered
24,949 Posts
Some are, some aren't, I am.

·
Administrator
40,590 Posts
I'm an NRA member. I don't necessarily agree with them all the time, but then again, I don't always agree with my wife. I'm still keeping them both, for all the great things they do! :thumb:

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
NRA member, off and on since 1968. I only wish I had become a life member back when it only cost $150.00! ...I am not fond of all the solicitations for donations or increased insurance options etc. .. either. However, we must remember this organization is just like the government in that it needs money to run their operation, however the NRA cannot tax the public for funds. Revenue from membership funds alone cannot sustain their operating capital requirements. They must depend on donations, product sales, and insurance sales (which they get a portion of) to maintain the services they provide in lobbying congress to ensure our Second Amendment rights. No other organization maintains an "in your face" approach to government in support of our rights. Ask yourself: Is ensuring the Second Amendments place in the Constitution worh $35.00 a year?

Be safe

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
NRA member, off and on since 1968. I only wish I had become a life member back when it only cost $150.00! ...I am not fond of all the solicitations for donations or increased insurance options etc. .. either. However, we must remember this organization is just like the government in that it needs money to run their operation, however the NRA cannot tax the public for funds. Revenue from membership funds alone cannot sustain their operating capital requirements. They must depend on donations, product sales, and insurance sales (which they get a portion of) to maintain the services they provide in lobbying congress to ensure our Second Amendment rights. No other organization maintains an "in your face" approach to government in support of our rights. Ask yourself: Is ensuring the Second Amendments place in the Constitution worh $35.00 a year?

Be safe
Lifetime membership is a better deal now, $500 now is considerably less valuable than $150 in 1968

Reactions: CreekFisher
1 - 20 of 104 Posts