Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Taurus 1911 pistols (I have several of their revolvers though). My 1911 came with one 8rnd mag and I want to get a few more. Will anybodies mag work in the Taurus? If it will only take a Taurus factory mag where can I get these? and what would be a good price?
thanks

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Any 1911 mag should work just fine, with how cheap they are for even the real good ones (I run Chip Mccormick 8 round power mags in mine, like them more then the factory mags infact.) I would highly recommend you pick up some Chip McCormicks or Mec-gars are great to.

·
Administrator
35,923 Posts
I have some $21 Kimber flat bottoms that work just fine in my PT1911.

·
Registered
30,114 Posts
Shooting Stars, are probably the least expensive of the Chip McCormick line. I have some and they're great magazines. :thumb:
I'm with Smoke, the Shooting stars are, in my opinion the best out there when you look at over all value (quality and price). They work great in my PT 1911! That being said, any magazine made to GI specs for a full size 1911 should work fine.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I really haven't found any, that didn't work!

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
37,586 Posts
I have and use lets see, Taurus, Wilson ,Colt, metalform,Springfield( I don't know who makes thiers), ATI, para USA, and I am sure a few more if i pulled them out an looked.
actually the only troublesome magazines that i have ever had for the 1911 was Pro-Mags.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
My PT1911 Duo-tone doesn't seem to be picky about what it eats or what it is served on. I have factory, Springer, Wilson, Chip McCormick and a bunch of $5.99 no name mags, all have been 100%. Wish I could say that about all my 1911s!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I use Wilson Combat and Taurus both seem to work just fine.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Ditto, on the Shooting Star Mags from Chip McCormick. I bought several and later bought the bumper pads. They work great for me in all my 1911's.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I love my Wilson Combat mags.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've been using Mecgars and they work fine.

·
Registered
629 Posts
My Taurus mags have been very reliable for range (back yard) use to date (over 19K rounds), I've had my magazine replaced by Taurus twice (exellent custumer service) because of heavy wear, at about the 8K round count their done, but they do work fine in the PT1911, as far as other magazine that will work, I believe any 1911 magazine should work on the PT1911, I have a couple Tripp Cobra mags, a couple Chip Mccormick 10 round Shooting Stars, and a couple of checkmate industries Hybrid Lip 8 round magazine that I keep loaded with Double tap 230 gr gold dot defence rounds, the mags that get the most use from me are the stock, and the checkmates.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
FWIW I have bought a bunch of mags from www,joes1911magmania.net The prices are great, deliver is fast, and I've used them in my Colt Government (1918 build), PT1911AL, Llama Max-I, and Kimber Untra CDP II without a single problem in more than 4,000 rounds combined.

I have no connection to Joe's other than being a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
37,586 Posts
Some guns are more picky about magazines than others!
I guess i have been fortunate cause my 1911's can't read so they don't know what kind of magazine I slap in them cause they work on all so far.

Reactions: Willboat
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.