Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit that I'm glad not many people are, otherwise, the gun shops might start raising their prices and the CZ secret will be out :D

When it comes down to it, I'm an old school gun kind of guy. I love the polymer guns and I have numerous Glocks, XD's, and HK's, but the CZ line of firearms just can't be beat for value and performance.

My latest aquisition is an SP01 that joined it's sibling the P01. I also have a 97B and the SS75. They're all sturdy, reliable, and very accurate. My Sp01 is now my bedside gun and holds 19+1. Nothing in my arsenal feels as good in my hands as any of my CZ's. An old shooting buddy of mine once said that about them and I didn't understand what he meant until I held one for the first time.

For those who have never held or fired one, I strongly suggest you take a peek into this line as I truly feel they are one of the best kept secrets out there in the gun industry.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Odyssey1,... I've heard good things about CZ's... and its not a secret when you tell us...!!!...<:))

Reactions: robrmrz7

·
Registered
319 Posts
Odyssey1, I have had an 75B for about 3 years now and love it! It is a lot more accurate than I will ever be. It's very comfortable to shoot and a blast to shoot steel plates on my backyard range. My only beef with it is it's just a bit too big for everyday concealed carry IWB. I have carried it before, but my MIL PRO 9 or .40 are more comfortable for day to day carry. But you can't go wrong with the everyday reliability and accuracy of these firearms.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I've never owned a CZ but find them intriguing as well as the EAA Witness and Armalites.The information I've read regarding all three has been wholly positive.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had a CZ 100 in 40 S&W but the trigger pull was just too long for my small hands. Trded it and a Ruger Security Six 357 six inch for my PT145

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i've heard great things about the cz75.. i can't say i will definately get one but if i find a good deal im keeping a open mind.

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
For a .45 Version of a CZ, I actually prefer the EAA Witness .45 CZ Clone. More Feed Reliable, nicer grip, and trigger. Have two of them, and I prefer them to 1911's and the SigArm P220. Still own a 1911 and have owned a SigArms P220. A lot more comfortable to shoot than the P220, due to lower bore axis and grip. More Feed reliable than either.

1992 Vintage .45 Witness & 2004 Vintage .45 Witness

Had an original ComBlock CZ75 years ago and should have kept it. Still have a lot of my older Tanfoglio made Clones. Were I in the Market for another 9mm DA/SA Pistol I would be looking at the CZ SP01 Tactical.

TZ75, TA90B, TA90, TA90 Compact, .45 Witness

·
Registered
384 Posts
If I hadn't already purchased a 9mm in the last few months I'd be very interested in the P01. Very nice looking semi!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any CZ surplus guns still available? And if so, who is selling them?
Thanks

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Cuad said:
Does anyone know if there are any CZ surplus guns still available? And if so, who is selling them?
Thanks
There have been some distributors in Shotgun News selling CZ82's (9x18 ) and CZ83's (.380/9x17) lately. These are surplus as the Czech Police have adopted the CZ P01 and the Czech Military has adopted the CZ75, as their standard issue sidearm. Occasionally, one still sees CZ52's (7.62 Tokarev) for sale, but they are becoming rarer.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I almost purchased the SP01 instead of my PT92, but the DA Trigger position (just a shade too long in my book) and the lack of any finish other than black (or pretty much 2 tones of brownish nickel on the 75b) turned me back to the Taurus. Since than my sis bought a 75b and I have to admit it's a damn fine shooter (I still prefer my 92 though).

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I am getting a CZ rami in .40

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I love my CZ 75B, I put some VZ grips on earlier this year. It is reliable and accurate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I used to have a CZ P01. I miss that gun.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts