Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each day when I come across a wikiarms thread I check the Walmart ammo search link at the bottom of the page for .22lr. Well imagine my surprise when checking this morning while the wife was making breakfast. It says the Walmart 2 miles from my house has Win. 555rnd bricks for $27.88. I thought, yeah sure, none left so I called them and the clerk said they had 4 boxes left. Put breakfast on hold, grabbed wifey, and went over. We rushed to sporting goods and snagged the last 2 boxes.

Thank you wikiarms! Even a blind pig finds an ear of corn now and then.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Amazing! Congratulations!

A few months back we had a local supply of .22 at different places. I was able to build a small amount, plus I haven't been shooting that much.

·
Super Moderator
40,615 Posts
Congrats, still not seeing much in my area.

Reactions: lazyluke

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Hoarder!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
Thanks for sharing I'm sending my mailing address.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Congratulations! It's been said that happiness is always having enough 22lr!! :D

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Each day when I come across a wikiarms thread I check the Walmart ammo search link at the bottom of the page for .22lr. Well imagine my surprise when checking this morning while the wife was making breakfast. It says the Walmart 2 miles from my house has Win. 555rnd bricks for $27.88. I thought, yeah sure, none left so I called them and the clerk said they had 4 boxes left. Put breakfast on hold, grabbed wifey, and went over. We rushed to sporting goods and snagged the last 2 boxes.

I'm half and half on Winchester ammo.. but that is a great price for that qty ! Congrats! I'm glad you were able to get some. :)

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Great find. Since I got a new .22 pistol recently, I decided to buy 500 rounds of off brand online. Paid a good deal more than 27 bucks, but much less than some of the other stuff is going for. Someday I'll find some at Wally world, but I'm not trying real hard just yet. At some point, the ammo will be worth more than the guns, pound for pound. :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
I got a "little bit lucky" yesterday at the local flea market. A guy had CCI Mini-Mag 40 gr. HV in 100 round pack (one), asking $20. I offered $15 and he nodded. A hundred rounds isn't much, but to me CCI Mini-Mags are gold!

Congrats on the WalMart Wichesters!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Still dealing with Walmart, huh?

Al Sharpton loves you.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I'll probably have a better chance of seeing a Unicorn before I find .22LR at Walmart around here.
Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. At all the stores.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I burned through 300 rounds of 22lr at the range today. I was only planning to shoot enough to sight in the red dot on my 22A1, but the range had little steel gongs/spinners set out at 25 yards and I have never got to shoot steel before. That was fun and satisfying.

·
Registered
922 Posts

I don't believe you.

Bricks of 22lr do not exist anymore, do they? :p

Lucky you, all I ever get are 50rd boxes at Academy.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I was at a gun show yesterday and a seller had bricks of .22rf Aguila for $37.99. He must have had 40-50 bricks and there were 2 other sellers with Aguila 22rf bricks at $46-49. There was a fair selection of pistol powder for sell too. 1lbs jugs of H110,lots of 700X and 800X in 1lbs and 4lbs jugs, IMR 4337,Titegroup in all 3 sizes, HS-6,Vihta N320, and lots of others...

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
When someone shares the news that some place has 22lr, first thought in my mind is "they probably still have it because their prices are atrocious"

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
We're actually doing pretty well on 22 Ammo so I've been passing up ammo when I see 555 ct boxes for the 30$ range. I'm keying in on quality, not quantity these days. CCI Mini Mags, Win Super X and Rem Stingers, Yellowjackets and Velocitors.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts