Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When watching filmed ride-alongs of police in action chasing BG's through streets and alleys I've often wondered why they never use a bola to shorten the chase.

Then it occurred to me that maybe some do.

Does anyone here know of anywhere that they use bolas to stop fleeing crooks?

JimL

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I think that your thinking about the Argentinian Police, on the Pampas riding on horseback. I really could not see a US LEO even trying something like that. They could kill someone quite quickly with that thing.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robby said:
I think that your thinking about the Argentinian Police, on the Pampas riding on horseback. I really could not see a US LEO even trying something like that. They could kill someone quite quickly with that thing.
Well, they do come in different sizes and weights. And the idea is to tie up their legs, not kill them.

JimL

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yeah, I saw some guys down there,(on film not live) :rolleyes: take down a full size wild cow with them, :eek: just hitting the legs. :p But think of the practice to get that good. ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
The first time a BG busted a tooth falling while running there would be a lawsuit.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grouchy hippo said:
The first time a BG busted a tooth falling while running there would be a lawsuit.
Yeah. Crooks rights! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Altho I do like the first part of Miranda. "You have a right to remain TOTALLY and INTERMINABLY silent." :D

JimL

·
Registered
339 Posts
Cross reference the lawsuit thought with the thread where a BG with a knife lunged at the cops and got shot. A "my poor baby never hurt anybody" lawsuit is coming soon in that case too I'll bet.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
grouchy hippo said:
Cross reference the lawsuit thought with the thread where a BG with a knife lunged at the cops and got shot. A "my poor baby never hurt anybody" lawsuit is coming soon in that case too I'll bet.
Yeah, and cross reference the notion that it's better to stab a cop than to crack a slime's tooth with any standard of intelligent humanity. :mad: :mad: Or paying a slime lawyer to get 12 certified fools to say it's OK, to an even lower standard of intelligence. :mad: :mad: :mad:

JimL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts