Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called to check on my permit app status again today because I wasnt buying the 90 days backlogged crap I got a couple of days ago because my sister got hers back in a week and a half and applied the same time I did. Spoke to a very nice lady named Sheryl (last person I spoke with didnt even give her name and was very rude and short with me.) Sheryl informed me that they had my prints but my app and certificate never arrived in Nashville. She was so nice that she faxed me another app. I filled it out and faxed it back with a copy of my carry class certificate. Hopefully Ill be carrying soon. Back to my question though. ShouldI be mad at the USPS or at the DMV? Which is more likely to have "misplaced" my papers?

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
Thats a tough call, I can see either one misplacing it. I've had multiple birthday cards mailed at the same time, from the same place and had them arrive days apart. I have also had stuff shipped cross country that got here faster than promised and I expected. They deal with a bunch of stuff.

On the other hand a bureaucracy as big as the DMV.. it could be sitting on someones desk under a stack of papers with coffee rings on them. So who knows!

I'm glad she gave you a new form though!

Reactions: Magnum_Gauge

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
When I called to check on mine the person on the other end told me they couldn't give out any information pertaining to cpl's over the phone. I was actually alright with that.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I called to check on mine the person on the other end told me they couldn't give out any information pertaining to cpl's over the phone. I was actually alright with that.
You probably have an online system to check it dont you? Tennessee doesnt have that.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Doesn't TN us that on-brick messaging system?
Wrap a note around a brick and toss it through the window??

That was bad of me. But my mom was from TN so I figure I can kick a little sand.

That reminds me. After her death the tax office kept sending property tax bills for some land she had (worthless land). I wrote on them deceased and sent them back as I was not interested in the land. After a couple of years they sent notice of land auction. Shortly after the auction the tax bills started up again. I guess no one bid on the land.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doesn't TN us that on-brick messaging system?
Wrap a note around a brick and toss it through the window??

That was bad of me. But my mom was from TN so I figure I can kick a little sand.

That reminds me. After her death the tax office kept sending property tax bills for some land she had (worthless land). I wrote on them deceased and sent them back as I was not interested in the land. After a couple of years they sent notice of land auction. Shortly after the auction the tax bills started up again. I guess no one bid on the land.
My arm aint what it used to be. I couldnt get the brick all the way to Nashville ;)

·
Registered
28,087 Posts
You probably have an online system to check it dont you? Tennessee doesnt have that.
No, Michigan has a system of local gun boards, so the papers are never farther away than the county seat.

·
Registered
28,087 Posts
I like the sound of that.
There's upside and downside to the local boards. If your county has a good board (as mine does) it is great.
A good friend lives two counties over - and his experience is far different.
So I like the local boards, he would prefer a state board. :)

Reactions: Lil Beaver

·
Registered
24,939 Posts
I blame Bloomberg

·
Registered
29,959 Posts
:r_c: Be patient Weedhopper, "Bureaucracies" :loco:abound in every state.

A few years ago my wife and one of my sisters submitted their Florida CCL package the same day.

Florida, a "Shall Issue" state has 90 days to approve or deny the license.

The wife got her's back in 9 days
:yeahbaby01:, the sister in 89 :angry:, go figure.

·
Registered
63 Posts
:r_c: Be patient Weedhopper, "Bureaucracies" :loco:abound in every state.

A few years ago my wife and one of my sisters submitted their Florida CCL package the same day.

Florida, a "Shall Issue" state has 90 days to approve or deny the license.

The wife got her's back in 9 days
:yeahbaby01:, the sister in 89 :angry:, go figure.
Yea my dad and I did ours on the same day but mine took an extra week to get back.

·
Registered
19,779 Posts
Under the current administration, blame would clearly fall on the envelope. You should write to your lib leaders and demand an immediate nationwide ban on envelopes and any paper or containers that can in any way, be made to look like envelopes.

Reactions: Magnum_Gauge

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have to be honest, with all the sensitive information on our applications, I sent it certified. I figured it might be more likely to reach it's destination. It also let me know when it arrived, so I could start counting the days.:)

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have to be honest, with all the sensitive information on our applications, I sent it certified. I figured it might be more likely to reach it's destination. It also let me know when it arrived, so I could start counting the days.:)
I would have done that but we dont mail them ourselves. We apply at the DMV and they send it in.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Just chalk it up to SH##happens wont do you any good to be mad with any one. My ccw was not renewed do to some missing info. My wife checked the wrong box on renewal for me. My fault did not have my glasses so I had her fill out the form and send it so i had to redo whole thing took almost 5 months to get mine back

jhp

Reactions: treg
1 - 20 of 28 Posts