Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a rewritten question from a m/c forum I frequent. The original question on the m/c forum was "Who packs heat?"
I'm asking "Who rides a motorcycle? And do you carry while riding?"
This thread on the m/c forum generated lots of 'other' heat. Should be fun.
As for me, yes when I'm riding and staying in unfamiliar areas. Generally on everyday rides, no.
Tell us what you do!!

Jim
Taurus PT92
S&W M&P 40

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
More than likely. it's with me. It may not be very accesable due to the cold weather attire, but in a short answer, I ride and pack.

Since you brought it up, I just got a new motorcycle. :D I got an 07 Shadow Spirit 750. It's plenty for what I want to do with it and it was less than a 3rd cheaper than the baseline Harley I picked out.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flyer, good for you on your new bike. What part of East Texas are you located? Went to school at ETSU back a hundred years ago. I'm riding a BMW K1200 LT and a Suzuki VStrom DL1000. Thanks for the response and info.

Jim

·
Registered
539 Posts
I enjoy riding and I miss my last bike that I sold about 2 years ago; my 2002 750cc Shadow Spirit (nice bike Flyer). I carried while riding anywhere; had a nice magnetic tank bag that was practical and carried it when I parked.

·
Registered
77 Posts
yes ride and pack heat (except to and from work not allowed to carry at work) 03 Harley Super Glide Sport.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I've been known on occasion to carry a 7" barreled AR15 pistol in a shoulder rig on my bike (under my jacket). The AR15 pistol is a flat top, folding sights and collapsible pistol grip, sporting a 20rd magazine. And yes even in Iowa it is legal, because it is a pistol and the funky way Iowa determines the caliber you can carry... and it is surprisingly concealable for its size.

Sometimes you just gotta make a statement :p

·
6,541 Posts
Once again .... I won't jack with you .. to much anyways.  :p

WHat kind of bike Draeger?

·
Registered
54 Posts
2000 road king classic and carry everywhere its legal too.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
I ride & carry on trips. Generally, if commuting to/from work, I don't carry. We are heading down to the rally in Galveston this Friday, it's the Lone Star Rally. We'll be packing & riding......from Dallas to Galveston. Woohoo, straight down I-45. I have an 03 Honda VTX1800.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have had several old rice burners in recent years... Love the older 1980-90 models, before the crouch-rockets. Currently I have a 1985 650 Nighthawk which is going to be my winter project. I use to want a Harley (older styles), but nowadays everyone has them and in my mind there is no longer an real prestige in owning one...

·
Registered
162 Posts
DRAEGER said:
I've been known on occasion to carry a 7" barreled AR15 pistol in a shoulder rig on my bike (under my jacket). The AR15 pistol is a flat top, folding sights and collapsible pistol grip, sporting a 20rd magazine. And yes even in Iowa it is legal, because it is a pistol and the funky way Iowa determines the caliber you can carry... and it is surprisingly concealable for its size.

Sometimes you just gotta make a statement :p
link to that shoulder rig?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
timpryor said:
link to that shoulder rig?
After watching a rerun of the movie COBRA, I made one... works well. If my daughter ever brings my digital camera back I will post pics.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I ride a 1971 sportster everyday the roads are dry. Just got my ccw 2 months ago and carry everytime I leave the house. I sewed pockets inside my vests and jackets for carrying on the bike.

I've owned this bike for twenty years and have been customizing it ever since. Almost got it the way I want it. Painted it last year with a true fire flame job over color shifting basecoat. Looks really hot!

One of the reasons I got a ccw was that I ride to work everyday through some bad neighborhoods and thought I was vulnerable sitting on the bike. I can carry at my government job and keep the bike locked up in the building at work. My job is also in a dangerous part of town, even got my boss and coworkers as references on the application for the ccw. :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
I will also mention that most of my buddies carry when riding. In Texas, it's fairly common......not because it's a dangerous state, but because it's Texas (circular reasoning). They just passed a law here allowing all qualified citizens (no felony record, not behind on child support, etc.) to carry in their vehicle. Interestingly, as I typed "carry in their vehicle", I began to wonder about the phrasing of the law and how it may pertain to a motorcycle. It's irrelevent to me, I have a CHL.

·
6,541 Posts
Interesting thought King. I'd like to know as well, still irrelevant to me, but curioous minds want to know. I would imagine sadle bags or some kind of luggage/storage on the bike would be sufficient.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts