Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious about these sights. I initially hated them but the more I use them, the more I like them. They would be very easy to use at the moment of truth.

So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
444 Posts
gotta agree. my 24/7 is the first gun i've had them on and so far i like them a lot better than a 3 dot.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I like them because they seem to provide a faster target acquisition, however, it seems to me that it's harder to shoot very precisely at distance with them.

Good for home defense...but then again, a laser would be better. Good for target shooting...but then again, adjustable sights would be better. Honestly not really sure where I stand...but I like 'em.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The more I use them, the more I get use to them. But would like adjustable sights.

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
If I start out shooting them then its hard to go back to 3 dots, The more i shot them the more I like them. and I hated them at first.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I can shoot with either 3-dot or the Staight-8 configurations. I wouldn't go out of my way to put straight-8's on a pistol though.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
How about another category - "they're fine, but the 3 dots are okay too". I think alot of people make too big a deal about the straight-8 sights, and don't spend enough time practicing.

·
Administrator
40,361 Posts
NYPD said:
I can shoot with either 3-dot or the Staight-8 configurations. I wouldn't go out of my way to put straight-8's on a pistol though.
My sentiments exactly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I totally hated them at first, but after approximately 1k rounds later I actually like them. I've found that my target acquisition is faster and I seem to be hitting COM more often. Becoming familiar with them and experimenting has a lot to do with being able to shoot with them.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
i had 3 dots with my last gun, but i am gettin used to the 8's and actually like them now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've gotten to where I like them better than the 3 dots. They seem faster on target aquisition and second shot follow ups. Plus you only have 2 dots to look at which, for me is easier for my lil ol brain. Just wish I had a set of adjustable night sights on my 1911.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
well i would say its lke any other sight all you got to do is learn how to get used to them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have decided that I really like them for a CC gun but I prefer three dots for range shooting. If I ever have to use the gun, the straight eights will be provide less confusion during a very confusing time. I have shot them before however and like them. I actually have similar sights on my Sig P230.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I do not like my straight eights for decent target shooting. Its easy to aim them at the middle of the target only, but when you want to make a group somewhere else, I find it difficult.

I'd prefer some three dots.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
When the time comes, Do you actually think your gonna have time to get a proper sight picture? in some cases maybe, but when its all happening so fast really all you have time to do is point and shoot or shoot from the hip. just was thiking about that figured i throw this on here too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts