1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Time for some good old fashioned George Zimmerman style "Standing my ground" style defensive shootings to take place in the Twin Cities.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
This happens more often than you think it just does not make everyday news . Every major city has this problem. I have seen it on local news a few times. It is even happening in suburban malls. It is the new thing for juvenile black males. Very sad fact. Minnesota better start building additions on their prisons.

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
This is happening in Ilhan Omar’s district and is compounded by the shortage of police officers there.

Oh, and most of the victims are disabled which explains the lack of fighting back.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I have mentioned before on this forum that my county is gun friendly. With almost 500 sq miles of territory there are only just under 32,000 residents. I would venture a guess that 90% of them are armed. There are no home invasions in my county. Even criminals aren't that stupid.

Unfortunately in these larger Democrat run cities the trend is that the common citizen is helpless. I'm sure there's no shortage of guns among the criminal element. I gave up wondering when these politicians are going to wake up about where the gun problem is. They never will.

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
^^^^^^^^Would it surprise you to learn that the local Gov’t is considering disarming the cops in the area so they don’t “accidentally” shoot someone while interdicting in the violence? If they had enough cops to do the work . . .?

·
Registered
4,730 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Reminds me of a story told me by a guy I knew who was substituting in a 'drop-out prevention' classroom. Yes, the miscreants of the school, gathered in one place. Wonderful policy idea (not).

Bell rings, class starts, before roll is even called the biggest kid stands up next to his desk, and to the amusement of his friends says in a clear voice, "Mr. ---, there's enough of us here, we can take you."

They didn't know my friend was a retired sheriff's deputy. He gave it a half-beat, and answered, "Why yes, you could. But the first three would get hurt real bad."

The chuckles in the room stopped, the young man answered, "Okay, you're probably right," and sat back down. Class went on with no further issues.

Hi-cap mags definitely have their place, but this isn't necessarily it. There might be several attackers, but being downrange of red mist and gray matter splatter has a way of taking the thrill out of being in a mob.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
This happens more often than you think it just does not make everyday news . Every major city has this problem. I have seen it on local news a few times. It is even happening in suburban malls. It is the new thing for juvenile black males. Very sad fact. Minnesota better start building additions on their prisons.
I happen to know quite a few juvenile black males, more than most on this site by far would be a very safe bet, and I can assure you, this isn't a new thing with them. It might be a new thing with certain segments of them in certain areas, but they are most assuredly a minority within a minority. Most kids regardless of color are just that, kids, doing kid things like sports, video games, hanging out, school, and trying to figure out what to do with all those raging hormones that are setting in. Please don't paint such broad strokes as it's bad enough we have ignorant and misleading stereotypes to begin with and these kind of statements only make the ignorance root in that much deeper.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I happen to know quite a few juvenile black males, more than most on this site by far would be a very safe bet, and I can assure you, this isn't a new thing with them. It might be a new thing with certain segments of them in certain areas, but they are most assuredly a minority within a minority. Most kids regardless of color are just that, kids, doing kid things like sports, video games, hanging out, school, and trying to figure out what to do with all those raging hormones that are setting in. Please don't paint such broad strokes as it's bad enough we have ignorant and misleading stereotypes to begin with and these kind of statements only make the ignorance root in that much deeper.
Some may agree and some may not but those are facts. Obviously not all African American teens are bad people but you will not catch me walking the streets at 1am. in a inner city neighborhood that is primarily African American. P.S. Most teens are not out beating people senseless or gang rushing a local store stealing what they can.

·
22,008 Posts
Be sure of the fact that the news media report much less of this type
of crime as it does not fit the agenda.

As said earlier if the situation would have been reversed it would be
reported 24/7 for days.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Undoubtedly true. However, there are enough of them doing it for it to be a trend. That it even makes the news is proof of that since it fits no PC agenda.

·
22,008 Posts
Safe to say a lack of good parenting effects all "groups" negatively.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts