Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite vehicle manufacturer....I was thinking about this, and I decided that my first choice nowadays would be Ford, because they are the only one of the US biggies that didn't take bailout money. However, I used to like Saturn quite a bit before they shut down, and overall, I think that I have generally liked Chrysler the best....

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've owned Fords for years. They've always been well made and reliable. The fact that they didn't take a bail out was just frosting on an already good cake.

·
Registered
50 Posts
FORD. i used to be a chevy guy until i got my thunderbird and that car changed my ways. ever since then ive owned fords and theyve trated me well

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I'm split between Dodge and Ford. I've got an 05 Ram right now no complaints. I had a F-150 with an inline six. Just talked to the guy I sold it to and he said the body on the truck took a crap but the engine was still good so he put it in his other truck. Had 190,000 on it when I sold it to him.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I was a Ford guy until I had a bad one. GMC for the last two vehicles and the last one has lasted me 11 years, thankfully. I may by a yota next time around. So I guess I am a GMC guy right now.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
I am a die hard Mustang guy. I love a good muscle car from any of the big names. But I am on my 4th stang. Plus Ford didn't use my tax money. Possibly a tie with Toyota. I have a 2000 4-runner that has about 208,000 miles, and all I have done is brakes, basic tune-up, and a couple starters. I am shooting for at least 300,000 on it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I currently drive a Saturn. So sorry to see them go under, but too many folks are drawn to Brand J (MHO). Boss lady drives a Chevy. We'll always buy American cars as long as there are American cars to buy.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I know that I'll probably catch some flak for saying as much, but Hyundai is just knocking it out of the park lately. From fairly ignominious beginnings (everyone remembers what a crapcan the original Excel was, to say nothing of what they sold in Korea at the time), to being the cheap option in the late 90's and early 00's to where they are now - competing toe to toe with the big boys in segments ranging from small economy cars all the way through luxury sedans and sports coupes - their rise has been pretty impressive.

Second would be Ford - I like the vast majority of their current lineup, and the 2011 Mustang was my second choice when I bought my Genesis Coupe (3.8 Track). I had a 2000 Focus ZX3 that never gave me a single minute of trouble and was a lot of fun to drive for a practical little hatchback.

Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Prefer Ford, but will buy whatever I can afford at the time.
Ranger Sport Flare edition now, wife has Dodge Caravan SE 7 passenger (for the grandkids whenever)
Have had Acura and Chevy in the past.
Next truck will be F150.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I Bleed Blue....Blue Oval that is. Ford is the way to go. And as a disclaimer, yes I own stock in the company. I also owned stock in GM, but they took my money, lost my money and them borrowed my tax money. Ya gotta love a country where you get rewarded for being a falure at what you do!!!!!

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I'm a Dodge man for the most part. I have a Ram 1500 with 130,000+ on it and it's never given me a bit of trouble. My third Dodge Truck. My wife has an Explorer which I love - it's pretty much tricked out with leather, sun roof, and it talks to her. She had her phone connected to the system and every time the phone rang, I damn near pulled my gun and ducked. I've gotten over that now.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ford now because of the bailout thing. I had a couple of Fords a long time ago and they were crap. Swore I'd never own another one. Principle trumps old history though, and the last one I bought was a Ford. Have a 2002 Dodge Ram I love...but I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to buy another Chrysler product, and hell will freeze over before a penny of my hard-earned money is spent on a government motor company vehicle.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I am a Honda man,

As for why, I am cheap! I have owned a lot of different makes and model of cars but my 3 Hondas have been cheap to purchase, cheap to insure, cheap on gas and rarely need work, my current 97 Civic never meet a mechanic until 144,000 miles and my wife's Element has 150,000 and just went on it's first trip to the mechanic.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Nissan Titan is owned by Nissan America and made in the USA, almost entirely. Mine is going on 9 years old and I still haven't had to make a repair on it for anything, 184,000 miles. It rides like a luxury car, handles like a sports car, and hauls like a 3/4 ton. I just can't find anything to complain about with this truck. Of the American brands I like Ford for not taking the bailout and they make a nice looking truck. That said, if I were buying a new truck tomorrow it would be another Titan.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Let's just say I am driving my LAST UAW built vehicle. My next vehicle will not be built by the UAW, but could be made in the USA by many of the transplants like Toyota, Nissan, VW, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pre-bailout General Motor's

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
ford--no bailout, on shore co, not italian owned (51 pecent) like chrysler, not bailed out for restructure at or expense like gm did (the new oh so proud of them selves gm), think if ford could dump their debt on the government (oh waith thats us) and thier stock holders,, where could they be may be the biggest car co left,,, and the rest may build some here but they are foriegn owned, not american

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Well believe me when I say I've probably own most makers cars through the years as well as motorcycles. I have a 90 ford mustang GT that I play with and a 2008 Nissan Sentra CVT 2.0 for my daily ride. Corvettes always held a special place in my heart though and would own one today if I could afford it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts