Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
I guess I'll have to wait until morning to bid and see how my Megaball ticket does...

Reactions: darbo

·
23,208 Posts
I don't need it, at all, but dang that is one good-looking Colt. It just screams "quality" in every photo!

:drool:

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Wonder when that pistol was born? Seems the 9X23 Steyr was born in 1912 - a decade after the 9X23 Largo developed in 1901. Also didn’t realize so many 9X23 cartridges came out at once at the beginning of the 20th Century. And looks like a lot of new and used brass is available so reloaders shouldn’t have to worry about an orphan cartridge.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wonder when that pistol was born? Seems the 9X23 Steyr was born in 1912 - a decade after the 9X23 Largo developed in 1901. Also didn’t realize so many 9X23 cartridges came out at once at the beginning of the 20th Century. And looks like a lot of new and used brass is available so reloaders shouldn’t have to worry about an orphan cartridge.
I believe they were made in the early 80's.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
969 Posts
Now that's different! By today's standards the 9 x 23mm Steyr is a lower pressure cartridge. Since it's a Series 70 Government model, It may well have been manufactured before the 9 x 23mm Winchester was introduced. Maybe aimed at competitive shooting handloaders for Minor PF, or to be loaded warmer than factory level 9 x 23mm Steyr?

It's greatest value most likely is as a collector with such a small production run. Personally, not being a collector, I don't have a need for Safe-Queens. Someone will, so it will be interesting to know what it eventually sells for if we can get a follow-up report.;)

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Ain’t nuthin’ wrong with Geritol!

Reactions: 57K and morrcarr67

·
23,208 Posts
I predict $4000, plus or minus $100.

Reactions: morrcarr67
1 - 12 of 12 Posts