Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I've got one. Haven't put that many rounds through it but I like it beyond the sights which I intend on replacing with a set of MOJO's. Also managed to get a case of Yugo ammo already mounted on the stripper clips, which I haven't opened yet as I still have ammo left from when I had a MAK-90 many years ago.

Kind of like that sharp part on the off chance its ever needed. Still though, my go-to long gun is my Mossberg riot gun.

Flyer, I'd say to try and sock away $200, that should get you a nice one. You can get ammo later. If you can stash the $$ away and she doesn't notice you maybe could score the gun.

Steelheart

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
Have an original milled Chinese SKS. Great little rifle! Will do 3 inches at 100 yards with just the iron sights.

Egyptian AKM, Chinese SKS, Ruger Mini-30

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Yugo SKS. It's the tall one in the middle with the bayonet extended. After a couple of hours of removing the cosmoline, I found a pretty nice rifle underneath. 8)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't have one anymore... although I think they are a good rifle, I just prefer my Mini-30 to the SKS... and the (M)AKs.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Badman, nice battery.

Steelheart

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
Hey a Ruger Mini 30 and a SKS.Alright. Have a Mini 14 myself.
I also have two 185 series Mini-14's. One set up for Hunting Coyotes with a 3x-9x Scope and one set up for Action Rifle (IPSC 3 gun) with a Choate Pistol Grip Stock and a Burris 2.5x LER Scope, pictured below.

Also, very nice battery badman! Like that Bushmanster Bullpup! Wish they made one in 7.62x39!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have two SKS's...a Chinese and a Yugo. Pics in the gallery.

Love them both

I just got two of the Tapco 20 roung mags for the Chinese. AWSOME.

Jim

·
Registered
62 Posts
Might be a good place to ask - which mfg'r. of SKS is considered the best??

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I was about to ask the same thing before reading your last post.

Chinese or Yugo?

·
Registered
123 Posts
jwc007 said:
Have an original milled Chinese SKS. Great little rifle! Will do 3 inches at 100 yards with just the iron sights.

Egyptian AKM, Chinese SKS, Ruger Mini-30
Almost the exact 7.62x39 set up I have. I gots a Arsenal SLR-95, a mini-30, and a Russian SKS. Might as well have the most available 7.62x39 platforms ya' can get in the States.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
badman400 said:
I have a Yugo SKS. It's the tall one in the middle with the bayonet extended. After a couple of hours of removing the cosmoline, I found a pretty nice rifle underneath. 8)
Nice family, I recognize almost all of them. (8th pistol from the left?)

Here is a quick shot of most of my family as of this time last year, I've added several new items since then.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
DRAEGER said:
Nice family, I recognize almost all of them. (8th pistol from the left?)

Here is a quick shot of most of my family as of this time last year, I've added several new items since then.

Now you just need a revolver or two thrown in for good measure. ;D

I don't own an SKS though one of my buddies had once some years ago. We'd take it out from time to time and run a few boxes of Wolf through it before he'd take it home. I won't say I'll never get one but in all likelihood my next 7.62x39 will be a Saiga.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I have a Yugo. It will hold a great group, 3" or so at 100 yards, but it jams a lot. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
I have a Yugo. It will hold a great group, 3" or so at 100 yards, but it jams a lot. Anyone else have this problem?
No jamming whatsoever with my milled Chinese SKS. About the same accuracy, though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts