Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My oddball is the SAR (Sarsilmaz Arms) ST10 9MM. Purchased it new on a whim a couple of years ago for $349 & I'm thoroughly impressed with it. It's a HK USP clone with a Aluminum alloy frame. It been completely reliable, is extremely accurate & has a decent double\single action trigger. I have around 2000 rds through & it eats every brand & type of 9MM that I've fed it. It is extremely well made and has not shown any wear at all.

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
Yep, SAR's are great.

I love my SAR B6c.

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Great Looking pistol. Mine odd ball is my Automag III, in 30 cal carbine. Every last part is solid stainless steel, cryogenic machining... 6.625" barrel long slide. Very accurate, but picky with ammo... It likes LC surplus, Remington, S&B, and Aquila. The other brands have primer issues with the AMT.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,826 Posts
Very very Interesting Pistol, the SAR ST10 is! :cool: Almost bought one when I picked up my SAR K2P, but I figured I had done enough for the time being.

I have the SAR B6P, K2P, and K2-45. Great Pistols, all.
Made it to the Range today and the SAR B6P did not disappoint, but then again, I expected it would do well!

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I have a Charles Daly 1911A1. After polishing the feed ramp and replacing the barrel bushing(bad fit job), it runs great, and is very accurate.

Reactions: bobbojama and darbo

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
I have SAR B6Ps and a Girsan 1911. The SAR guns are great, and the Girsan is more accurate than my Para (not saying a lot) but is very reliable and seems to be a pretty good series 70, not the tightest, but not sloppy either, very acceptable at the price I got it for. The Girsan was the pistol I chose to attempt to get 1000fps with 230gn XTPs (old Ramshot Enforcer data) I think I got there, but I need to test again because my chrony was having issues that day.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Maybe not an oddball brand but I like my North American Arms .22WMR with the folding clip holster. Very high quality manufacture, insanely concealable, and really packs a punch for such a small weapon.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
If by "oddball" you mean not too common, then maybe.

CZ82 9x18
Draco AK47 pistol
Cobray open bolt Mac 10 9x19
custom built XP100 in 708 Remington
Star B 9x19

Eagle Gun Co open bolt carbine in 45ACP

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
one of the original wonder nines, my Star 30MI. It came to the US after serving as a police pistol somewhere in the middle east. Probably one of the best that Star ever made.

It has one of the nicest single/double action triggers I've come across. It looks like it was dragged behind a truck, and as reliable and accurate as any of my CZ's. It cost me a $190 out the door. Magazines are hard to find, but S&W 59 magazines are easy to modify by lengthening the notch a little bit around to the front.

Maloy

IMG_0098.JPG

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
Heck, all I gots is odd ball brands and calibers!
1) Taurus PT1911 in 38 Super.
2) Citadel 1911 in 38 Super
3) Tanfoglio (aka EAA) Elite match in 10 MM.
4) Tanfoglio (AKA EAA) Elite match in 38 Super.
5) Howa bolt action in 300 Winchester magnum.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
I picked up a Russian Nagant revolver from a friend of mine years ago. I can’t recall the last time I fired this darn thing. 7.62X38R ammo is very difficult to find. Google a Russian Nagant and you’ll see what it looks like.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have a few but never considered them "oddball brands" so not sure they qualify.

A couple are my Striker Fired contribution; the Savage 1907 that was made in 1913 ...

... and my Ortgies.

The Savage was the first dual stack semi-automatic pistol and the HiCap of its day. The magazine held ten 32acp rounds plus one in the chamber. The Ortgies is unusual because the grip safety once depressed to the firing position stays in "Fire" mode until you press a button to return to "Safe".

"Fire"

"Safe"

Some others might include my Walther Model 4; one of the few handguns that actually has its ejection port on the "Port Side" ...

... and my Bernardelli Model 60; a company better known for its shotguns.

·
Super Moderator
36,070 Posts
^^ That last one looks like my CZ83 in .380 Auto...another of my smiley face guns!

·
Registered
24,616 Posts
Sar K2P and Star Modelo B

Reactions: bobbojama

·
Registered
502 Posts
^^ That last one looks like my CZ83 in .380 Auto...another of my smiley face guns!
The Bernardelli is Single Action though. Meant to be carried Cocked & Locked but the safety is the lever right behind the trigger and so easy to manipulate even when in presentation.

My CZ-50 is likely closer to your 83.

·
Super Moderator
36,070 Posts
The Bernardelli is Single Action though. Meant to be carried Cocked & Locked but the safety is the lever right behind the trigger and so easy to manipulate even when in presentation.

My CZ-50 is likely closer to your 83.

I keep wrestling with getting a .32 ACP...I see the surplus CZ's every now and again for 200.00 +/-. Resisting having to set up for another caliber.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts