Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the recoil of the steel 415 compare to say a titanium .41 magnum tracker, or a steel 605 with cor-bon in it, or a steel .44 magnum tracker?
Or would you rather get a steel .44 magnum tracker and have 2 inches chopped off.

.... I really want a big bore snubby for some reason.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
I'm looking for an stainless steel 415 myself. I found a Titanium 415 in a local shop but so far no luck with the stainless. This is the best info I've found on the two so far.
http://www.calzaretta.com/415.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a .41 Magnum total Ti 415 snubby with a ported barrel. I like the weapon but it REALLY KICKS! I can generally fire no more than a total of 10rds and then my hand qualifies for early retirement.

If a guy reloads or can handle the recoil, it could make a very good carry or hunting weapon.

Regards,

g19erusa

·
Registered
33 Posts
impulsive7 said:
Yeah, I've shot a titanium .41 mag tracker, the recoil is rediculous. That's why I want the steel one!
Have you checked gunbroker.com?

g19erusa

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
I see the Ti tracker as a back packer's companion, a really experienced handgun shooting back packer. LOL Don't take no rocket science to figure out a 24 ounce gun is GONNA kick in .41 mag. I shoot heavy 180 grain loads out of my 27 ounce Ruger SP101 in .357 and barely tolerate that. LOL I'd still like to have a titanium .41 tracker 4", though. I could down load it if need be. But, I think I can get more out of the .357 in my steel M66s and they don't hurt. I mean, I doubt I could tolerate more'n the 600 ft lbs I get from my 158 grain .357 load in the 4" M66 if I were firing a titanium .41. Now, a steel .41 would maybe be an option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been searching for a few days to find info on a 441 Titanium. I think that is what
I just purchased.

Taurus Marked .41 Magnum, TiTanium ) no Model number or referance to 'Tracker'
It does have a 4 inch barrel and adj sights...

It is light, very light :

I would appriciate any info available, Reload info; reliability, etc.

Read about recoil; Expect it to be a handfull;;; But it sure seems to be a good long distance
carry gun,

Presently I have a 357Mag Charter bulldog tracker which feels a little heavier ( ? 28oz)
It is not to bad to shoot with 180 Fed, I also hunt with a Ruger 357Max, not much recoil,
Hands get a little tender after 50 rounds.

? Is the 441 ( If that is what I have ) really that severe shoot????
I have shoot some fairly large Handguns, TC 35Rem, 44 mag, etc, ( no 50's or 454's )
The 35 rem was a HoHum thing, I did not like 44mag, to Sharp a recoil ( Hot Loads )

Ok , enough, background,

Looking forward to some knowledge, Thanks.... ( oh, as you guessed I am new to site..)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
NOWUS,

That sounds like a 425 to me. I believe the 441 is a 44 special. The 415 is the 2" barrel version of that gun. I would really like a 425.... :drool:

·
Registered
275 Posts
The model 441 is indeed a .44 special, got one and hanging onto it.

Why do you magnum chaps like to punish your hand so much???

Get some reloading equipment and down load that sucker.

TB C45

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Tman & Tracker;
Ok, so I have a 425
Reloading Dies and Bulllets(170&210) on the UPS truck, Loading equipment dusted off and ready,
Will start at reduced loading, It's a used gun, so prudent to do so...

Any prefered Power/Bullets, ( no Lead , just spent 2 days cleaning lead from the Ports )

How do your guns shoot? I noticed some slop in the windage ,any way to take it out?

Thanks..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts