Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm trying to decide between the Focal Point tritium sights or the truglo tritium pro sights. Both would be from lakeline. I really like the orange ring on the Focal Point but am concerned that the rear sight is just black with no dots. I understand that it is designed so you quickly find the front sight and automatically focus on it. Anyone have them? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm open to all thoughts and reviews on both. Not really wanting to spend $100+ on the truglo tfx. I want to stay at that 60-70 area.
Thanks guys!

·
Vendor
839 Posts
I've used both. :) I really like the Truglos. Their white ring is very visible and pops better for me than the orange ring on the Focal Point sights. The focal points are lamped by Nightfision, and that orange is not as bright as some other sights. My humble $.02.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I have 3 sets of Ameriglo suppressor height trits for some of my Glocks, they only have a tritium dot in the front sight. They are very easy to acquire and since the rear is almost like a triangle, that front trit comes up and sits in the slot quickly. They are very quick in full daylight or low light and darkness. I do have one set of AmeriGlo iDot sights that are low profile, but they are like a Heinie Straight 8 and not quite as fast as those suppressor height ones. I like that the smaller rear trit dot provides a reference point for the front trit in the dark and that the large white front dot offers good daylight performance. I have them on a G26 clone.

As far as the TruGlo night sights, I have several sets of the TruGlo TFO and a TFX. Honestly, looking at them I can not tell the difference between them in daylight or dark, but the TFO is much cheaper. One thing I really like about these TruGlo sights is that they are very consistent. They are consistently bright day or night. In daylight the fiber lights up while as it darkens the trits take over, but your sight picture is very consistent. Plus you would have to seriously do some damage to mess up the fiber in these TruGlo sights, unlike other fiber optic sights. If you go with the TFO you can probably find a set under $70, but a TFX set will probably run north of $100. I buy the TFO now because it is cheaper and I can not tell the difference between them.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I've the TFX Pro on mine. They are worth the extra cost. The front of the rear is hooked to be used to rack the slide off a belt or hard surface.

Maloy

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
TFX/Ameriglo great ways to go I have seen testers hi-vis and glow in dark sight paint, All of which are good first two last longer but small touch up on last two and it is good. It i sa tomato, tamato or mater kind of thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts