Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a lisence today, and am not sure which pistol to get,

should it be a millenium pro 9mm or a pt911 .

agian if itz a millenium pro how do i find out that it's a third generation people say check if it has a rail?!?! i dont kno what a rail is?

and two of my friends have a pro and both of them got the spring from the fornt comming out is the first 20 rounds.

so im blank which one to get.!!!

thank you.

·
Registered
509 Posts
nurain said:
i just got a lisence today, and am not sure which pistol to get,

should it be a millenium pro 9mm or a pt911 .

agian if itz a millenium pro how do i find out that it's a third generation people say check if it has a rail?!?! i dont kno what a rail is?

and two of my friends have a pro and both of them got the spring from the fornt comming out is the first 20 rounds.

so im blank which one to get.!!!

thank you.
The rails are what the slide rides on in the frame.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
http://www.taurususa.com/products/products-pistols.cfm

That is Taurus's website. It is not real up to date but it shows you most of what they have to offer.

Pics of a 911 with accessory rail
Mil-Pro 111

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=104989038
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=104969408

The Mil-Pro 9mm does not have an accessory rail. The 911 can be had with or without. The rail is where you would mount a flashlight or laser.

If you are going to use the gun for carrying, I would go with the Mil-Pro because of its size and weight.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well not having shot either gun i wanna get a mil pro for carry but i also want a 911.

both guns would be good for carry size wise although the exact dimensions escapes me the milpro is a bit smaller.

i dont think you can really go wrong here so if you can get a chance to try both then do so.

as for the milpro the first 1st generation is just plain millennium, the 2nd generation says millennium pro on the left side, the 3rd gen say millennium on the left and pro pt1** on the right.

·
Registered
846 Posts
There are posts here to help you , they are easy to see once you see the pics. Go back to the FAQ's. I would buy a PT or 24/7 for CCW, but many here love the 1911 and they are not wrong, just depends on you. Just as I like the.40 more than the 9mm, but the ammo does cost more, so think of all this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Poor guy, sounds like there's some serious misunderstanding & confusion going on here.

Looks like he's asking about a PT911, but there's been mention of a 1911 in the last reply.

Doesn't know what a rail is, & might not know PT911 vs 1911, either!?

Sure, a rail is what the slide rides on, as one reply states, but I'm sure he's thinking of the accessory rail mentioned in another reply...

Hope he gets it straightened out soon...

Personally I say MilPro PT111 ... Mine has been flawlessly reliable!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i my self like the milpro but 911 is good as well,.

but i havent heard any complains about the 911 but about the milpro 4 out of 10 people say they have had bad experiences, i may be worng but thats what ive heard. the front spring comes out. it jams bullets im just confused.....

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Well I can tell you that my PT111 pro has 1200 rds through it and no failures and yep i trust its reliabilty.Looked at the PT911s on the Taurus site sharp looking looks like a mini 1911.

·
Registered
159 Posts
bro go pt111! i have one and it is a great handgun. feels good in your hands, good size, and most of all it goes bang every time you pull the trigger. i have 800 rounds, 1,000, after tomorrow with no problems at all. bottom line......RELIABLE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Googled Taurus review it said the spring from the front underneath the barrel behind the black dot front comes out and exectally the same happened with a friend of mine on the fifth fire of a new gun it was a millennium 9mm don't exectally remember the number but the way I see it like u guys say I'll go for a pt111 on one side it wud say millennium and the other pt111 pro right? This wuz b the. Third generation?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
yes PT111 pro on the right Millenium on the left is the 3rd gen
BTW if you want to know about reviews on Taurus Firearms this forum is the place to do your research, people here will tell you good or bad about any of the guns.Atleast this is my opinion.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Go with a .45 for self defense and carry. I use 9mm for practice only. (cheaper ammo) I just want some knock-down power when needed. All these little sub-compacts are available so it should not be a problem to find a fit for your build. PT 145 or 745 very reliable w/power to burn and easy to conceal under a t-shirt. My 2 cents....

smit

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont know what your threat assesment is on a daily basis, but I say go with the 9mm for carry. With todays modern ammo the difference between a 45 and 9 are neglegable and you can carry more rounds in a 9mm. The ammo is cheaper so you can go and practice with cheap ball ammo and then use a good brand of hollowpoints while carrying the gun.
Go with the PT111 if you like it. Since your a new owner I would recomend going out to a gun shop and handling the guns, see which one fits your hand. Make sure you can confortable reach all of the controls, trigger, mag release, safety etc. Dont get caught up in the accessory rails and all that stuff now. After you become more familiar with firearms you can look at playing around with that. Just find a gun that you like, you can shoot well and that you can carry comfortably.
I can recomend the PT111, it has lots of support here and is a tried and true shooter. I often carry a 1st Generation PT111. I love the gun and it shoots very well.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts