Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Which Taurus SemiAuto Model Do You Prefer?

• PT92X Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PT1911

• 24/7 Series

• PT9XX Series

• Millennium Pro

• PT22/PT25

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most popular model of the Taurus SemiAuto's... Post notes if I've left something out

·
Registered
299 Posts
By virtue of ownership, I voted for the PT92. I've looked at some of the others, but they don't attract me.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Its really hard for me to shoose between the PT1911 and the 24/7. I chose the 24/7 for the simple fact that I am slightly more accurate with it then the 1911 for some odd reason. I guess it just fits me so perfect I seem to be dead on balls accurate, yes thats a technical term hahaha

·
32,614 Posts
Voted for the PT111 Mil/pro even though the PT22 would be hard to beat as a possible second gun for backup. 9mm. is just the right caliber for me. Light shooting,fast recovery time between shots, and getting older means that the number of big bore cartridges going down range is getting limited. Some how I figure the .45ACP version of any model will come out the winner in this little poll. Does this make me a poll sitter NASCAR fans? ::) 8) :eek: ;D :D

·
Administrator
18,039 Posts
Voted for my PT92, although I own and operate a PT908 and PT945. I consider it my frontline Battle Pistol!

Reactions: codegeek

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm a 1911 sort of guy, it probably goes with my age but that was what I started on 40 some years ago and once youget used to them it's hard to change, while i own several other Auto's the 1911 style is my favorite. Now if Taurus would get off their A$$ and release the stainless model in a commander length I'd be happy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a PT92AF now, had a PT99 back around '80 or '81, wish I had it back, that was dandy 9MM auto, traded a Benelli B76 for it, , , never could get that Benelli over it's ammo-finicky attitude, , , , excellent shooter when you could get it to go though.
Just trying this forum out since it looks like the "other one" is going to cease function.
Mighty chilly here in western MO !! !!
Take care everyone ! ! !

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've not seen the PT1911 as of yet, and I therefore went with my proven PT92. It's been with me lo these 9 years of carrying, daily.

Josh <><

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a 99 and a 22 and would love to find a 908 or another 945. I prefer the metal framed guns because of all of the negative reports I'm hearing on the plastic ones. I'll stick to my Glock for combat Tupperware, thank you very much. ;D

·
32,614 Posts
He used a swear word. GLOCK! Oh Mr. Moderator, Mr. Moderator! :) ;D Nothing wrong with polymer or metal framed pistols. Glocks are great. Just wish Taurus would bring back the 908 or some sort of single column magazine 9mm..

·
Registered
127 Posts
What's wrong with GLOCK? ;D They don't seem like bad guns to me. I don't like the way they feel in my hand though. I like my Taurus better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like my PT145 goes bang every time i pull the trigger have run thru about a thousand rounds not one malfunction of any kind so far.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I carry my PT140 MilPro SS a lot more than any other gun. I still like to get the PT145Pro SA/DA and once I get it and broken in, it will be my main carry piece. The PT140 will come 2nd and the PT111 will come 3rd in line. The PT145 Pro will complete my PT Millenium Pro collection. ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I carry my PT145 MilPro more than any other gun as a main weapon (P-3AT in pocket all the time as BUG), but I would love to see/hold one of the new Taurus 24/7 Compacts... ;)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
PT92 for me. :) I love not only the aesthetics of the pistol but more importantly, it's reliability and accuracy. If I ever do add a .40 pistol to the 'family' it would likely be a PT100.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
worthirt_99 said:
What's wrong with GLOCK? ;D They don't seem like bad guns to me. I don't like the way they feel in my hand though. I like my Taurus better.
Glocks are OK... just UUUUUUUUGGGGly!

·
Registered
36 Posts
While my fav Taurus Pistol is the PT92AFS that I've had for 14+ years, I also like the PT9xx series. I have owned a PT940 and PT911. I sold the PT940 because of mechanical problems, and I had to sell the PT911 due to financial problems. But I would love to get another 911. The one I had was the fancy "pimp" version, stainless steel with gold accents and rosewood grip panels. It was a real beauty.

I would not mind trying out one of the 24/7 series. And I'm hoping that Taurus puts out it's recent candidate for the US Military .45 trials, the OSS/DS. The NRA mag, American Rifleman had an excellent article on it. It looks promising.

I considered getting a PT1911. My only complaint is the sights. In stead of two dot rear and one dot front, it's got one and one, where you put the front sight dot, over the back sight dot. I'm sorry, but I just don't like that. For me, Heinie sights are a pain in the heinie. ;)

Of course, that's just my opinion. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts