Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 6.5" Tracker that I like very much. After 100 rounds the trigger is finally getting better. I would like to put some optics on it. Which scope mount works better, the Taurus, Wiegand or B-Sqaure? I do like that the rear sight is left on with the Taurus. Also, which optics have you guys tried on your revolvers? I am leaning toward a Burris FastFire III. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
65 Posts
I tried the Taurus mount and it would not fit. The gunsmith at the shop I bought it at said I would have to grind down the parts that go through the vent rib. Almost half of the metal needed to be taken off. I told him no way and went with the Wiegand mount and love it. I wish the rear sight was still on but I figured with a scope it would be blocked by the mount anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I am using the standard Taurus vent rib mount on my 17 HMR Tracker. it fits well and is staying very solidly tight. I'm not sure what the part number is if you need me to I will look in the paperwork and let you know.

DON

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I have several Taurus revolvers from the Raging series to the Trackers in both centerfire and rimfire. The Trackers and Raging series take different mounts. You also have a third rib type mount for some of the other revolvers. When you have the correct mount it will fit without modification.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts