Now they both look good but which one do you all think is better

·
Registered
959 Posts
The 24/7 is Plastic, and the PT92 is Classic

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
If you're going to carry it frequently, the 24/7 is probably the better choice. If you are going to use it for house defense, I'd say it's a toss-up. Also, the 24/7 can be had in a caliber that the PT92 cannot, if that matters.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Tough call there, it's like letting us decide which girl you ought to date. What will you use the pistol for mainly, what cal. do you prefer, which one feels the best in your hand. I'd say look for a gun shop that will let you fire both and let the pistols help you decide.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
pt92 hands down, you got the legacy of beretta's reliability and taurus warranty and price point.

accurate, reliable, metal, hammer fired, and lets face it just plain sexy.

im sure the 24/7 is reliable and accurate also but nothin can unseat the 92 platform in my book.

if you want to carry though i'd check out a milpro if you like the 24/7

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I've owned both and I prefer the 24/7. Especially for daily carry. The PT92 is (in my opinion) too heavy for daily carry unless you are wearing a utility belt.

Both are great guns. I had no problems with my PT92 before I traded it on my 24/7. I traded because I wanted something lighter and a caliber that was larger than the PT92 in 9mm.

The 24/7 is available in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP
The PT92 is available in 9mm and .45 ACP

But like texastaurusguy said, it just depends on what your intended purpose for the gun is.

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
PT92. I bought one in 1991 and in a moment of weakness, traded it in 2006. Wouldn't mind having it back. Great shooter. :thumb:

·
Registered
382 Posts
You could just do like I did, buy both.

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the new 92 is the light rail. Otherwise that would be my choice.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
ya i admit it looks better without the rail.. and i also admit it's very difficult of not impossible to find a non-custom holster for the gun if you attach anything to the rail..

but after a while you get over it. it's still a sexy gun by most standards even with a rail on it.

although it's probably not practical it would be nice to have the rail optional.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
The 24/7 is available in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP
The PT92 is available in 9mm and .45 ACP
The PT92 is available in 9mm and 40 S&W---not .45 ACP :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
OK NYPD in AZ... We got the Message...<:))

·
Registered
382 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
The PT92 is available in 9mm and 40 S&W---not .45 ACP :)
Technically, the PT100 and PT101 are 40 S&W. The PT92 and PT99 are 9mm.

Not trying to be sarcastic.

Well, maybe just a little. ;)

·
Registered
402 Posts
threefortyduster said:
24/7.

I think the PT92 is ugly.
PT92

The 24/7 is short and its mother dresses it funny. :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts