Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a tight spot and may need to sell a firearm, don't want to but on my income, I may not have a choice. A family emergency with inlaws has put us in need to travel back and forth, so I have 2 handguns and may sell one. I have made a decision but would like to ask here to see if I made the best choice. I have a G2C that I have had since December 2018 with just shy of 2000 rounds it has been flawless, so much so that I now carry it and shoot it very little since I know I can trust it. I have a Ruger Security 9 that has less than 100 rounds, it had a magazine issue but it has been cleared up. I just don't carry it as well so it stays in the safe. I have decided to keep the G2C and sell the Ruger if it comes to it. so did I decide the way you would? thanks.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Precisely! Your choice is the same one I would make, keep the gu that you carry regularly, one that is flawless, and ha syour confidence and experience.
the safe-queens are the firs to be declared surplus - durable, familiar utility is the last gun I'd part with. last.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Super Moderator
36,064 Posts
The Ruger will bring a greater return on investment and the G2 is a solid choice for self defense. When things get better and I hope it's soon for you, you can always find another Ruger or other brand.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Yep..........:icon_ peace:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I think you made the right choice.
Personally, I think the G2C is a better carry gun than the Security 9,
Plus, considering the number of rounds you've had thru them both, you'd definitely get more for the Ruger.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am in a tight spot and may need to sell a firearm, don't want to but on my income, I may not have a choice. A family emergency with inlaws has put us in need to travel back and forth, so I have 2 handguns and may sell one. I have made a decision but would like to ask here to see if I made the best choice. I have a G2C that I have had since December 2018 with just shy of 2000 rounds it has been flawless, so much so that I now carry it and shoot it very little since I know I can trust it. I have a Ruger Security 9 that has less than 100 rounds, it had a magazine issue but it has been cleared up. I just don't carry it as well so it stays in the safe. I have decided to keep the G2C and sell the Ruger if it comes to it. so did I decide the way you would? thanks.
Which one? You won't get much used for either, but probably the Ruger will garner a tad more. Both easily replaced.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The balance is in favor of selling the Ruger in two ways - the Taurus is well proven in your hands and the Ruger will bring a few more dollars most likely. I would go this way, and I hope things improve for you and your family.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts