Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Back in January I got a PT111 Pro Millennium 9mm. I have been unsuccessfully trying to buy a couple more 12 round magazines from Taurus. I keep calling them and waiting up to an hour to talk with someone. They keep telling me that they just got some in and they will be sending them right out. I keep waiting only to not receive them, then I call them again and get the same song and dance.
I have since gave up on the chance of getting the 12 round mags and my beloved state (MD) just passed the 10 round and above restriction. Now I am wondering if I can get a 10 round mag that will work for me. I have tried to call Taurus a couple more times to see if I can get an answer to this question, only to find out I am taking with someone that knows less about it than me. When I ask to speak with someone else , a supervisor or something, there is never anyone else to speak with. What an outfit!

I see eBay always has a few 10 rounds mags listed and some say they ship from Taurus. My question is , will the 10 round magazine made for a pt111 work on my 12 round model?

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can give me and thanks for the chance to vent. It seems I can get spare mags for my S&W,Kahr and Ruger but I just can’t find anyone that sells the 12 round mags for my Taurus.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can check CDNN Sports. They have the 10rd and 17rd 24/7 mags (which will work for you) in stock (according to their site and they ship pretty fast. The 17rds will stick out form the bottom so you have to try and get the spacer from taurus to pretty it up, which I think they've started cracking down on based on some other's comments (they wants a S/N to verify model).

And to answer, yes the 10rds will work in your 12rd model. They have the 10rd versions for the states that have the restrictions (CA, now MD, etc.)

·
Registered
676 Posts
I agree with Switchback. cdnnsports.com .... I got a (factory new) 12rd a few weeks ago and they list 10rd also. Fast service....

·
Registered
140 Posts
If they don't show them on their website, just give them a call, and they may have them in stock. Pretty good company. There is only one downside, and its not even that big of a complaint, I don't know if there was an update to the shipping, or backorder status until the day (maybe the day before) I recieved my mags. And I've heard of guys getting orders in before the site is even updated with a tracking number. Just something to be aware of if you are a "detailed order" kind of person. That being said, it's a stand-up company, and they even like to throw in free goodies from time to time depending on how much your order, or specials they have (they like to run weekend phone specials).

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I believe you have to be careful to make sure you get "PRO" magazines. I believe I read here that the standard Millenium PT111 mags don't work in "PRO" models. Hopefully someone with some practical knowledge will confirm or deny this.

I may also be in the market to trade my 2 - 12 rounders "PT111 Pro" for some 10 rounders because of the same restriction. I have to wait and see what the registration fee will be for grandfathered in mags.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Josh, I have to the end of July to purchase a mag or two. If you are interested we might be able to work something out.
If you desire email me @ wilmac47 (at) comcast (dot) net.
I think I have two 10 round pt111 pro magazines coming in the mail now.
Or it could be like Taurus and they just lied to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I now have 3 -10 round mags coming for the Pt111 pro millenium. I hope that they work. I will let you all know. I think I will try the snap cap first to see if the rounds will cycle through the weapon.
Thanks all, I will let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once again everyone, thanks for your help. I just received 3 mags, two seem to work really well (with snap caps) and one is a little touchy. One Taurus model number is 5-11101PRO black top, one has no number on it but has a black top also and they work great. But, the other PT111PRO yellow top doesn't quite fit right. Once I get it in it seems to cycle snap caps but it is also a little hard to get out of the weapon.
So it seems that if you get the Model 5-11101 Pro you are good but the PT111 PRO just doesn't fit like we would all like.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
140 Posts
You may have to clean the mags, and/or break the springs in (fully load and unload a few times and also leave mags fully loaded for a while) before you have good reliability. Although your issue doesn't sound like it would be affected by either of those options.

Stand the yellow-follower mag and one of the black-follower mags next to each other and make sure they match general shape The follower may be a slightly different shape ( I think they changed them 1-2 times) but the deminsions/shape of the mag probably shouldn't have changed. If there are no glaring difference, it could just be a slight bulge causing the issue. I've heard of a guy using a micrometer to check for any slight bulges then using a clamp with slight pressure to adjust. His mag then started dropping free and clear nicely. Just another option to try before giving up on a mag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts