Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the purchase of a new Taurus model 1911...been waiting for a stainless model, with no luck so far...anyway, assuming that any of the full size, 8rd 1911 magazines are interchangeable, as with all similar size 1911, does any brand perform better than the other in the Taurus ...I also have a Springfield TRP 1911..the factory recommends 7rd mags...personally, I like Wilson, Chip McCormick or Novak..but, since I haven't fired the Taurus 1911, I wanted to ask someone that has...any and all information will be greatly appreciated...thanks from the Bluegrassstate..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use both the Taurus factory mags and the CMC shooting star 8rd. mags and they both work flawlessly for me.
I recently added a Wilson slip-on magwell so I must carry the CMC's because the bumpers on the factory mags are too wide.

Good luck. Sam.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
pretty much any 1911 mag should and/or will work with the PT1911. I bought some of the cheapest mags I could find at www.cheaperthandirt.com and they all work fine, even bought some 10rd mags. Friend of mine has the 50rd drum, which is pretty useless in a practical sense, but fun to play with :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2 new Chip McCormick mad seem to stick in the gun and not drop free. Is there a problem with the gun or the mags? I have an older one the drops as easily as the factory ones.
stumpjumper

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use the factory mags; I have four and they work great so far (1500 rds). I also use my Wilson 47Ds and they work great also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts