Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have that darn itch again, and I'm looking for input from those that own both models. Capacity and size are similar, but one is hammer fired and the other striker fired. There seems to be more problems posted with the 24/7 trigger, but the 24/7 magazine will fit in my PT111 G2. Tough choice here.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Hmm, which is better? I think given what you said about mag compatibility that perhapsthe 24/7 is the way to go. Does that make the 24/7 better? No, just a better fit for your needs. I've never played with either, but either would work fine for me.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I have the 809C, and love it! Never handled the 24/7, so can't compare.. But...as Waltherfan stated above, mag compatibilitly might be the deciding factor for me. I would go and compare the two as far as triggers and such though..

·
Registered
36,105 Posts
Let me guess?
all the 24/7 G-2 owners are going to say the 24/7, and all the 809 owners are going to say the 809.-------------------:D

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Take a coin and assign one gun as heads and the other as tails and flip the coin. Now you have your answer!:icon_ poke::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I have that darn itch again, and I'm looking for input from those that own both models. Capacity and size are similar, but one is hammer fired and the other striker fired. There seems to be more problems posted with the 24/7 trigger, but the 24/7 magazine will fit in my PT111 G2. Tough choice here.
I own 3 standard 24/7 G2's in 9mm, 40 SW and .45 ACP. I don't own the 809 but shot my friends' a few times. For me, I preferred the 24/7 G2 trigger. BTW, the 24/7 G2 mags don't fit the Millennium G2 and Pro guns. Only the 24/7 Pro mags fit the Millennium Pro and G2.

·
Premium Member
11,016 Posts
I don't have either, but generally prefer a hammer back.

Then again, I'm a revolver guy.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I own 3 standard 24/7 G2's in 9mm, 40 SW and .45 ACP. I don't own the 809 but shot my friends' a few times. For me, I preferred the 24/7 G2 trigger. BTW, the 24/7 G2 mags don't fit the Millennium G2 and Pro guns. Only the 24/7 Pro mags fit the Millennium Pro and G2.
Thanks, I didn't know that. Since the 24/7 G2 mag won't fit the 111 G2, then I have to give the edge to the 809c.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buy another PT-111 G2 and be done with it.
LOL, but I was considering another PT140 G2 for the extra mags. That was the same reason why I bought my second PT111 G2. This time around, I need something different.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Talk about good timing, I just scored a NIB PT809c a couple of hours ago for $247.50 delivered. They only had two in stock, and they sold out fast, but I was one of the first two buyers. It was from Lanbo's Armory in Texas.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Talk about good timing, I just scored a NIB PT809c a couple of hours ago for $247.50 delivered. They only had two in stock, and they sold out fast, but I was one of the first two buyers. It was from Lanbo's Armory in Texas.
Congrats! Enjoy and Carry On.

Reactions: RalphG2

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Congrats on the PT809c! That's an excellent price for a NIB PT809c.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Congrats on the PT809c! That's an excellent price for a NIB PT809c.
Thanks, I saw the deal 14 seconds after it was listed on Slickguns.com. I was going to buy from Buds for $277 delivered, and that was a great price before this deal. Everywhere else, the 809c is going for $270+ delivery.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The are essentially the same gun are they not? The only major difference is that the 24/7 is striker fired and the 809 is hammer fired. I personally like hammer fired with the decocker. My 809 is the bedside gun, one in the chamber decocked to put it into DA.

Reactions: rhuber
1 - 18 of 18 Posts