Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in Uncle Mike's kydex holsters - perhaps a paddle holster. Does anyone happen to know what size will fit my 24/7 Pro .45?

Some place I found a recommendation to get a size 22, the size for a SIG 220. WRONG!

Uncle Mike may not be a good idea even for kydex. I've seen some other kydex holsters that aren't nearly so specifically molded to an exact shape.

Thanks

JimL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I have a RU97 that I bought for my 24/7 Pro 9mm. It's a pretty snug fit for the 9mm, not sure if a .45 would work well in it. Might have to really fight to get it in and out. :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
I have a Fobus holster for the Ruger P series guns and my 24/7 .45 fits perfectly, in fact just as good as my P-94 fits in it. Don't really know why they list only the 9mm and not the .45 as fitting this holster. Although I haven't done a compairison measurement of the two frames with a micrometer, the only real difference I see is in the grip, and that doesn't fit into the holster anyhow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
I read somewhere that the H&K US holsters matched the 24/7 also, but I do not know for sure. The 9mm and 40cal both fit the same holsters, not sure why the 45cal wouldn't. There isn't that mush difference in specs, but sometimes a little is to much... Fobus holsters are not Kydex. They are a softer polymer, they are nice but I like the uncle mikes style better. There are several other outfits that make kydex holsters too, try a google search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn_Yankee said:
I have a RU97 that I bought for my 24/7 Pro 9mm. It's a pretty snug fit for the 9mm, not sure if a .45 would work well in it. Might have to really fight to get it in and out. :-\
Actually the Uncle Mike I got is listed for the 9mm, but WAY wrong for the .45. Is the 9mm a double stack feeder like the 45? I'm guessing the size 22 has much in common with the RU97.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rotorhead said:
I have a Fobus holster for the Ruger P series guns and my 24/7 .45 fits perfectly, in fact just as good as my P-94 fits in it. Don't really know why they list only the 9mm and not the .45 as fitting this holster. Although I haven't done a compairison measurement of the two frames with a micrometer, the only real difference I see is in the grip, and that doesn't fit into the holster anyhow.
Well, I must be wrong about the Uncle Mike 22 being the same. The Fobus listed for the P series pistols is the RU97 - the one that says it's only for the 9mm. Is your 45 a Pro or a Millennium Pro? My Pro 45 is a little over 1 inch in the slide, while the size 22 is a little less than an inch. Worse, there is has a "pinched in" area where the rail is on both the Uncle Mike and the Fobus for the Sig 220 - again the size I was told to get. The Pro 45 rail simply will not go into that area.

If I'm not mistaken your RU97 doesn't have that pinched in place, right? It runs right out to the end all the same size? How wide is the RU97 in the frame area?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I have a blackhawk cqc carbon fiber holster fits the .45 24/7 great. It also gives the option of paddle or belt loops.It says it will fit H&K P30 also.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,692 Posts
If you have access to a well stocked Gunshop or a Gander Mountain, that has Fobus Holsters in stock, I recommend taking your pistol there and seeing which holsters will fit. Be sure to get advise and consent of the staff before doing so!

Typically Holsters for the H&K USP45 (Fobus HK-1) and Glock 21 will fit. My bet would be on the Fobus HK-1 paddle. Another possibility are holsters for the Springfield XD45.

As for the Fobus RU97, there was a post by an individual who was not happy with his.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=485.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jwc007 said:
If you have access to a well stocked Gunshop or a Gander Mountain, that has Fobus Holsters in stock, I recommend taking your pistol there and seeing which holsters will fit.
The only kydex holsters I have access to are Uncle Mikes. I checked and NONE of their paddle holsters worked with my Pro .45.

I've noticed that in both this thread and the one you referred us to posts are very unclear about what fits in what. There are many references to "the 24/7." Unfortunately there are various shapes and sizes of 24/7. 9mm to .45, Pro to Millennium Pro.

I've asked a couple times for specific information as to exactly which models fit certain kydex holsters so well. I'd sure like to know this so I can make sense of the various posts.

I _have_ found a holster that fits my 45 very nicely, but it is leather and is a shorty (at least 2 inches of slide showing). I may have to get one in leather - or even padded nylon. Or even make one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
24/7 .45
I have a Don Hume IWB holster for my Ruger P89 and the 24/7 fits it pretty good. Don Hume does not list a IWB holster for the 24/7 on their site. So I'm curious if this will be a new holster not yet listed, or one that is for the Ruger P90 or something similar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,043 Posts
JimL said:
I've noticed that in both this thread and the one you referred us to posts are very unclear about what fits in what. There are many references to "the 24/7." Unfortunately there are various shapes and sizes of 24/7. 9mm to .45, Pro to Millennium Pro.
Let's clarify this--- A Millenium Pro is NOT in the 24/7 family.

Now---any one of the following Bianchi holsters will fit the 24/7 Pro .45--they are not Kydex but rather ballistic nylon molded to the shape of the gun. I think they are more comfortable and easier to conceal than Kydex and are just as durable. Hope this helps:

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product...ake=Taurus&GunModel=24/7&txtMaterial=AccuMold
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
The holster came in a few days ago. It is:

Don Hume
Model: H715-M #25USP
Will FIT H&K USP 9, .40, .45
Taurus 24/9 .9mm

Says it only fits the 9mm my .45 fits great. Happy to find the the 24/7 seem to be already pretty well de-horned :)















 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Check out Comp-Tac. http://www.comp-tac.com

They have some really nice stuff there, and shipping is very prompt. I think I had to wait all of a week for my paddle for my 1911, and couldn't be more pleased. This coming from a guy who, until recently, swore by leather.

I will be buying more from this company.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top