Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a sub machine gun sized PCC, I already have 10.5" AR pistol but want something on the 5.5" to 6.5" size. I have narrowed it down to 2 options.

Extar EP9

or a Glock 22 police trade in and a Micro-roni stabilizer

The Extar would be cheaper option, but with the micro roni I could use it as a pistol or a short carbine.

opinions?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like my Micro Roni Stabilizer.

Adding an optic makes it easy to reach out more consistently over open sights.

I have shot out to 100 yards at steel with it.

It stabilizes the gun very well.

It does much better with 9 mm than 40 S&W.

Mine is the 23 and 19 version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: ICUKev

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
My comments are based purely on watching the videos you posted.

Well I like the micro-roni...if I owned Glock pistols. Plus I like the folding stock and how small it gets. If you don't own a Glock and buy the Extar that uses Glock mags then eventually you will just end up buying a Glock since you have all of those magazines! Buy the micro-roni.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I despise the plastic fantastic, but in this situation I have to side with the Roni. It would require owning a Glock, but I guess that there are worse things to own.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
First choice for me would be a SIG MPX. Second choice would be a home built AR pistol. Third choice would be the Extar. I like the fact that it has AR15 style controls.

·
Administrator
18,179 Posts
Of the two options presented, I would choose the Extar EP9.

One of these might just make it onto my "Wants" list.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
My comments are based purely on watching the videos you posted.

Well I like the micro-roni...if I owned Glock pistols. Plus I like the folding stock and how small it gets. If you don't own a Glock and buy the Extar that uses Glock mags then eventually you will just end up buying a Glock since you have all of those magazines! Buy the micro-roni.
Makes sense to me also (multi use stuff)!

Reactions: darbo

·
Super Moderator
35,342 Posts
Unless you already own a pistol that is compatible with the Roni, I'd go with the Extar, have yet to see a bad review on it.
Is that macaroni thing legal? Looks like a pistol with a butt stock to me aka "short barreled rifle".

·
Super Moderator
35,342 Posts
has a pistol stabilizer brace not a stock
I really don't see the difference or how the BATFE could. But, hey, okay, whatever......

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
Registered
6,735 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
In concept, I like those Roni braces made for the Glock pistols, but they’re just too dang expensive for my liking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts