Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would I tell what generation pistol I'm looking at?
I found one with a stainless slide that says Millennium on one side and Pro 111 on the other. Some

that I see say Millennium Pro on one side. Whats the difference between the different models?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
BigDaddy said:
How would I tell what generation pistol I'm looking at?
I found one with a stainless slide that says Millennium on one side and Pro 111 on the other. Some that I see say Millennium Pro on one side. Whats the difference between the different models?
Millennium on one side and Pro 111 ___ Gen 3

Millennium Pro on one side Gen 2 or before.

Seems simple but it comes up a lot.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My PT 145 has Millennium on the left side and just PT145 on the right,I called Taurus and gave them the letter prefix of my pistol NVI and was told it's a 1st generation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK, Please forgive me for asking the same question but I still am confused by the DA/SA designation. Is that really SA/DA. I think (thanks to Robby) my PTPro111 is a second gen because it has Millennium PRO on one side. But the Taurus website shows what is supposedly a genIII and it has the same markings as mine. Mine also seems to pull a little easier when dry fired on the first pull but that could be my imagination. Is there old models with DA/SA then gen2-DA/DA then gen3-SA/DA? If so then I think I now understand. If not then it is back to confusionville.

·
Administrator
40,363 Posts
From what I understand your 111 is second generation. And double action only. If the trigger pull is not obviously different from the first pull to the next when dry firing, it is definately DAO. Hope thats clear as mud. ;)

redjeep said:
OK, Please forgive me for asking the same question but I still am confused by the DA/SA designation. Is that really SA/DA. I think (thanks to Robby) my PTPro111 is a second gen because it has Millennium PRO on one side. But the Taurus website shows what is supposedly a genIII and it has the same markings as mine. Mine also seems to pull a little easier when dry fired on the first pull but that could be my imagination. Is there old models with DA/SA then gen2-DA/DA then gen3-SA/DA? If so then I think I now understand. If not then it is back to confusionville.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
You can test by dry firing and keep the trigger pulled all the way back, note how it felt to pull the trigger on first pull. Now rack the slide manually with the other hand (keeping trigger held back all the way). Slowly let out your trigger finger, you will feel when it sets up again. When it's DA/SA you can pull the trigger a second time and feel it break differently then the first time. Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts