Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
22,542 Posts
Ivory all the way. Those look great on that pistol. Really adds some class.

I assume they both feel just as good in the hand?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ivory all the way. Those look great on that pistol. Really adds some class.

I assume they both feel just as good in the hand?
they feel great. they feel just a touch beefier which i like....and i can get a good grip on them. haven't shot with them yet. going to wait til it's above 32 degrees.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Fake ivory on a dark gun. I like the contrast.

Some of the bonded ivory will darken as it ages lile the real thing and I think it gives a taste of individuality and character to the gun.

I'm also contemplating on getting a set of American Holly for the 1911. Looks like ivory, discolors as it ages like ivory but it's wood.

Stainless guns get dark grips. Blued looks good with walnut, too.

Reactions: OldJack

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
I have the OEM plastic, OEM wood, aftermarket brown/grey/beige combination, Pearl, and a Ivory that you would swear just came from the tusk.

At times it gets so bad that I change the grips to match my clothing or destination of the day. From casual to formal I have the grips to go with the proper setting.

There is a seller on Ebay that sells some amazing grips at great prices if you are interested. And from time to time Taurus will have a few offerings on their website. Altamont is another great source for well priced grips.

Of the two photos above, Ivory all the way.

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
Is you like the all black look, don't over look picking up either a set of the Hogue rubber grip panels or the Pachmayr wrap around grips.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I like the look of the ivory but I'm afraid if I had ivory handled pistols...:unsure:...I might start goin' around barkin' orders and slappin' people.

·
Premium Member
4,588 Posts
I really like the contrast of the faux ivory, but it just looks cheesy. I've never liked the look of the black rubber grips from Taurus.

·
Super Moderator
36,490 Posts
I suppose between the two I favor the ivory, especially if they age like the real thing. I could tell from the photo that they were thicker and offered a "grippier" feel. I went the opposite way and was looking for a thinner option and would probably for for aluminum panels if they weren't so pricey. I tried the Hogue which were touted to be thinner and found them to not be any thinner than the stock grips, but did afford a better feel. I currently have Asian hardwood made in Thailand on my PT91 AFS.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like the contrast of the faux ivory, but it just looks cheesy. I've never liked the look of the black rubber grips from Taurus.
that's why they make so many different products. one man cheese is another mans style. they do look better on the gun than the picture depicts. but thank you for sharing your opinion. that's why i posted.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Well OP, between the factory grips and the white ones, I would say the white ones have more class, but I personally don't like ivory grips, unless it's on a revolver. Grip panels on semi-autos, I prefer wood or G10, but that is just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Definitely the ivory.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
22,058 Posts
Those Ivory grips give the gun a neat 2 tone look.

I think I like them better.

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
I like the ivory, they really stand out, but I'd be afraid I would end up with burnt powder residue all over them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm plain, so I like the black grips. I'd really like to find some slim synthetic grips for my PT-92C; the stock wood panels are just a bit too thick for my hand.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Wood all the way, Faux is still just Faux

·
Super Moderator
36,490 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts