Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
38,514 Posts
IN Bulk 22 ammo I only buy Remington Golden Bullet or Thunderbolts.
my 22 (although none are Taurus brand) run on Auto match and of course CCI but Winchester is simply a big old PITA, period.
I would not even go to the range if Winchester was all I had to take, its to frustrating for me and my 22's.
course every gun is a bit different.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IN Bulk 22 ammo I only buy Remington Golden Bullet or Thunderbolts.
my 22 (although none are Taurus brand) run on Auto match and of course CCI but Winchester is simply a big old PITA, period.
I would not even go to the range if Winchester was all I had to take, its to frustrating for me and my 22's.
course every gun is a bit different.

Wow. That's interesting. I will keep that in mind

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The local store near work only had CCI Mini-Mags and there was maybe one FTF out of 100 rounds.

Are you guys all using the 16 round mags? Didn't know if there were less failure with 10 round mags

· Registered
2,146 Posts
Are you using the ammo loader? Have you used any Winchester brand, specifically Winchester Wildcat 40 grain?

I will look for those brands when I go shop for ammo later today.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been well out of reach of the internet for a while. :);D I am not using the loader. I've got tough old fingers I guess. I do not specifically remember using WW Wildcat's.

· Registered
718 Posts
i can`t say . my tx 22 is living in bainbridge ,,ga. i did enjoy using a lakeline llc mag loader ,much better than the one that came with the gun .browning `black bullet ` 40gn. round
nose seemed to be more powerful than most just judging by muzzle flash and noise ----

· Super Moderator
40,802 Posts
Have not shot my TX-22 yet, however own many other semi-auto .22's. I have never had good luck with Winchester .22lr. My go to is the Federal Bulk packs, they run in all my guns. I reserve the Winchester I have to revolver and bolt guns.

Reactions: stupimlico

· Registered
12 Posts
Order of preference across all my semi-auto .22LR guns:

Match ammo: undecided

Mid tier/level premium ammo: All CCI mini mags/CCI AR ammo.

Bulk ammo:

1. Federal 36gr HP. The vast majority of this stuff is consistent in fair or better reliability.

2. Remington's bulk copper plated ammo.

3. CCI Blazer (because it's lead only, not plated)

4. Winchester bulk copper plated ammo. (Bottom of the barrel/only option left).

Me and Winchester .22LR are not on speaking terms after I found out the M22 bulk pack cartidges was causing them to get very stuck in marlin 795 chamber when the primers failed to fire. Even the TX22 had some difficulty then.

Used all other ammo brands and the problem went away.

My TX22 did a good enough job in eating that junk food M22 ammo remaining and have ran Federal bulk ever since just fine.

· Registered
138 Posts
I have shot the cheapest rounds I could find (Monarch HV), Golden Bullet bulk, Federal Champion, American Eagle, Blazer, no issues with any of them in my TX22.

I have had issues with Winchester 22's in my rifles so I don't use them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts