Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I may have to sell one of my Taurus' 38 Specials. Had shoulder surgery back in December and need to pay some of them off. I have a M85 SS snubbie that I bought Pre-owned and I put a Wolff spring kit in it and I love carrying it and shoots great. I also have the Poly Protector 38 snubbie that I bought new and has been fired about 20 rounds thru it. I do not have an holster for it yet and it just sits beside the bed for now. I hate to sell either one but can't stand to be in debt. Any suggestions on which one you would keep?

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Keep the proven one. Sounds like you've got some hours with the mod85, I would keep it.

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
I can't add to what has already been said, both extremely qualified opinions.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
All though I own one there is something in my soul that dislikes poly guns. For me your question is a no-brainer. I really like my M85 UL. Its not the most expensive gun I own but its the last one I would sell.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
M85 SS Stays the POLY-- well BYE BYE <-((

Reactions: Foxtail207

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your inputs. I think the Poly will be sold. I do really love my M85 SS.

Reactions: Foxtail207

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'd personally keep the SS M85.....it's a proven design and has a good track record.

The Poly Protector is in its early stages....still may be some bugs to work out.
I'd advise you to do the same.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I was going to go in the other direction! :D I would keep the poly and sell the regular 85. The front sight arrangement is one reason for me -- it's better on the poly.......

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
My 2 cents, keep the SS85!

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Keep the one that shoots the best.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd keep the 85, you have a history with it. There will be nothing but plastic guns soon enough, you can pick another one up if and when you feel the need.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Listen to yourself:

You've had the M85 apart, you're happy with the modifications you've done to it, you've got time on the range with it, you love carrying it and shooting it.

Your PP 38 'just sits' by the bed, has about 20 rounds through it, and you don't even have a holster for it.

Your mind is already made up, whether you realize it or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts