Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K., despite iliving in Illinois, where you still can't CCW for individual/ family protection when you're out and about, I'm still excited to hear that my wife got her FOID card this weekend!! Hot dang. Looking forward to date nights of NRA safety classes and picking up a side arm for her!! Could it be more romantic???

·
Super Moderator
38,008 Posts
Congrats to the both of you. Once we get CCW the FOID will be a necessary step I think. How long did it take to clear?

Reactions: Pollard1911

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
O.K., despite iliving in Illinois, where you still can't CCW for individual/ family protection when you're out and about, I'm still excited to hear that my wife got her FOID card this weekend!! Hot dang. Looking forward to date nights of NRA safety classes and picking up a side arm for her!! Could it be more romantic???
Excellent news! Tell her congratulations.

·
Registered
477 Posts
FOID, huh...well I guess I know one state I will NEVER visit or move to. I had not even heared of something so absurd until this thread.
....I am happy for yall though. Its just the thought of a permission slip to own firearms sounds well, unconstitutional.

·
Registered
896 Posts
FOID, huh...well I guess I know one state I will NEVER visit or move to. I had not even heared of something so absurd until this thread.
....I am happy for yall though. Its just the thought of a permission slip to own firearms sounds well, unconstitutional.
It is unconstitutional.
And agreed, I will never move nor visit that place either. And I do hope in fact they get CCW and remove all those stupid politicians out of office and show them that the people do care about them self, their freedom and their family.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats to the both of you. Once we get CCW the FOID will be a necessary step I think. How long did it take to clear?
She applied approximately 10 weeks ago. Not bad for Illinois.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wife thanks all of the responses. FOID is a state level of what they would like to see nationally.

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
grats on being able to get a firearm and sorry that your constitutional rights are being violated by making you have to have permission to do so

jhp

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
From what I remember, the FOID was around before the Brady Bill was passed requiring background checks, and it's extended to ammunition. It's just a NICS background check, the same thing you get when you buy a gun, or get a CHL in many states.

I'm a little distressed to hear it took ten weeks. My wife and I are considering moving to IL, and I have 60 days to get an FOID card if I move with my guns. Doesn't sound like that will be enough time....

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what I remember, the FOID was around before the Brady Bill was passed requiring background checks, and it's extended to ammunition. It's just a NICS background check, the same thing you get when you buy a gun, or get a CHL in many states.

I'm a little distressed to hear it took ten weeks. My wife and I are considering moving to IL, and I have 60 days to get an FOID card if I move with my guns. Doesn't sound like that will be enough time....

I believe there may be an 'up fee' to have an expedited process. While CCW is an important issue to me...THERE ARE SOOOOOOO MANY OTHER REASONS TO STAY FAR AWAY FROM ILLINOIS!!!!! DON'T MOVE HERE! DEMOCRATIC GOVENOR, DEMOCRATIC SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE, AND RINOS FOR REPUBLICANS!!! STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY!!!

Reactions: glenwolde

·
32,766 Posts
I believe there may be an 'up fee' to have an expedited process. While CCW is an important issue to me...THERE ARE SOOOOOOO MANY OTHER REASONS TO STAY FAR AWAY FROM ILLINOIS!!!!! DON'T MOVE HERE! DEMOCRATIC GOVENOR, DEMOCRATIC SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE, AND RINOS FOR REPUBLICANS!!! STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY!!!
Too true, sir. I saw your signature. Outstanding!!

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
For what they're talking of paying her, I think I could put up with it..... if it got to be too much we could always leave after a couple of years. It's an involved situation as it relates to both of our employment situations, our relative ages, and a few other factors thrown in. Not the end of the world. I spent several years in Hawaii which is far worse, even decades ago when I was there. Of course they have better weather....

Not my first choice of the places she's looking at, but it pays better than the others and she thinks the job is exactly what she's looking for. I'd do it for her.

It's not a done deal, but they're flying us up there next week for her final interview and to show us the area.

·
Super Moderator
38,008 Posts
For what they're talking of paying her, I think I could put up with it..... if it got to be too much we could always leave after a couple of years. It's an involved situation as it relates to both of our employment situations, our relative ages, and a few other factors thrown in. Not the end of the world. I spent several years in Hawaii which is far worse, even decades ago when I was there. Of course they have better weather....

Not my first choice of the places she's looking at, but it pays better than the others and she thinks the job is exactly what she's looking for. I'd do it for her.

It's not a done deal, but they're flying us up there next week for her final interview and to show us the area.
If the job is in the city you could look at moving to Northwest IN where the tax picture is much better.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
If the job is in the city you could look at moving to Northwest IN where the tax picture is much better.
Not near the city, kind of Mid-State. They require you to live close to the Hospital. So Indiana won't work.

·
5,686 Posts
Congrats to her! Illinois is bad, but it's tolerable at the moment. The police for the most part are on our side (except the Chicago area). They don't hassle you and I've never had a problem purchasing or traveling with my firearms. If they do not come up with a concealed carry law soon, we will have constitutional carry in June regardless. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. What part of Illinois? I'm in the central area about 2 1/2 hours south of Chicago and I'm from the St.Louis area so I know my way around from the central part to the southern parts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts