Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local gun dealer ordered my 500 mag from 3 sources and no results as of 2 months. I have ordered my powder, brass, bullets, and dies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND NO 500 MAG!!!!!!

Me and my bud scheduled to go hawg huntin in Oct and no 500 mag.

JUST HOW DEAD CAN A 500 MAG KILL A HAWG???????

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Both of the gun shops I frequently go to are having trouble getting Raging Bulls in .500 Magnum. In fact, a customer at one of the shops placed and order for a .500 RB and the owner then went to great lengths to try to find him one but was unsuccessful. She ended up getting the man a RB in .44 Magnum instead.

I believe one of our board members here, MPanova, also had difficulty obtaining one, IIRC, until his dealer was finally able to track one down with some effort.

So apparently they are indeed hard to come by at this point in time. My suggestion would be to try www.gunbroker.com & www.gunsamerica.com - from time to time, sellers on both sites offer .500 RBs. You may also wish to place a 'want to buy' ad here on Taurus Armed -- I believe you still have to have 10 posts however before you can access that sub-forum -- as well as on other boards, in example The Firing Line (here is theirs: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14 ) Other boards undoubtedly have these as well.

Good luck with getting a RB .500 and I hope this was of some help. :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Ya I had a hard time finding one aswell. One of the guys at the local Gander Mountain searched all over the U.S. and found ONE. He had it shipped in from Wisconsin ;D $700 was more then I planned on spending since I saw them a few months ago at the Gun show for a little over $600, but hey I wanted it and it was the only one anyone I talked to could find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.