Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Where can I go to shoot?" I hear this all the time from people both on the forum and here locally where I live. I ran across this website last night and I thought I'd put it up here for our members. Need a place to shoot? You'll very likely find it here! I looked at my area and was actually surprised to find several additional ranges that I didn't know about! This website is sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation. They don't sell anything, they just promote our sport in a positive and respectful way!

http://wheretoshoot.org/index.cfm

G
ive it a try!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Outstanding idea, sir!

I just visited the website, typed in the info they requested, and up popped several ranges near my area that I didn't know were even there.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Thanks Skiff a lot of info.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Thanks, strange that it does not list the closest range.

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
Double check the results by calling ahead, I was surprised by some of the ones listed in Miami, called them and they "Have Access" to a range for firearm training, but don’t physically have one.

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thanks for the link, BigSkiff ... lots more places that I didn't know about, but my backyard doesn't show up on the list. :guns:

·
32,481 Posts
Double check the results by calling ahead, I was surprised by some of the ones listed in Miami, called them and they "Have Access" to a range for firearm training, but don’t physically have one.
Got a few of those around here,too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks, strange that it does not list the closest range.
I thought the same thing, did a 5 mile and a 30 mile radius and it seemed to be all over the place, Though had a lot of ranges statewide which is always a good thing to know!!!! TX for sharing!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Two hitch hiking figures up.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks found one closer than the one I am currently using!

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Doesn't list my preferred range, but did show me some several hundred miles away. LOL I have a range 5 mi. from my house, but it gives me claustrophobia it's so small, not to mention unfriendly and weird. My range is 75 mi round trip, wide open and roomy (approx. 25+ pistol target frames, marked 7, 15, 25 yd concrete walkways) and inexpensive. Another that is about half that distance is on hold (rifle range only) as bullets suspected from there hitting 15th green at golf course (one hit in chest, another in leg - gives a whole new meaning to "FORE"!!). Another I considered is also very small with sub-divisions all around and they recently had a pistol shooter killed (think suicide). Bass Pro is too expensive. Another north of me about 15 mi., I haven't tried, but have heard good and bad about it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If your in the south mississippi area hit me up with a pm I have a range thats near and dear to my heart, my old mans back yard, good for pistols and shotguns, and 50 yards sight ins for rifles.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts