Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do most of my gun work and keep an inventory of parts for various guns (1911's, AR's, Glock, S&W etc) However I'm having difficulty obtaining parts for my G2c. I've contacted Taurus and indicated what spare parts I would like. They want me to send the gun to them---it isn't broken, I just want a spare parts list to order from.
Any part supply recommendation would be appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You will find very few Taurus parts available I'm afraid.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
I do most of my gun work and keep an inventory of parts for various guns (1911's, AR's, Glock, S&W etc) However I'm having difficulty obtaining parts for my G2c. I've contacted Taurus and indicated what spare parts I would like. They want me to send the gun to them---it isn't broken, I just want a spare parts list to order from.
Any part supply recommendation would be appreciated.

if you were looking for factory support in parts then you are pretty much out of luck!
you are going to need to buy another like weapon or go to some of the GUN Web sites and try to find parts for sale.

Reactions: oso

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have always wondered that since the G2 is so inexpensive, it might be better to just buy another one for spare parts and you'd get two more magazines as well. In addition to that, you would not have the dreaded Taurus 'Wait Time" for parts.

Back in the late 1970's I was listening to a radio program where they were talking about parts for automobiles. One of the guests had done some comparisons and found that a new Ford "XXX" model (don't remember which one) was about $6K. If he bought all the parts at retail to build that same car, the cost was something like $32,000........not counting the labor cost to build it. I don't remember the exact figures, just going off of my aging memory, but I do remember being flabbergasted at the pricing he figured out.

Anyway, a similar situation probably exists with the Taurus G2 because the entire handgun with two magazines is a relative bargain unless Taurus sends you the parts for free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke with Taurus and they will not send parts, they want the gun sent in and wait 12 weeks. I keep telling them the gun ain't broken, I just want the ability to order spare parts for my inventory. I guess the alternative as you suggested is just to purchase another G2c for parts.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I spoke with Taurus and they will not send parts, they want the gun sent in and wait 12 weeks. I keep telling them the gun ain't broken, I just want the ability to order spare parts for my inventory. I guess the alternative as you suggested is just to purchase another G2c for parts.
It's good to have a spare pistol. I have two PT 111 G2s, but eventually it occurred to me that I was deluding myself with the extra pistol as spare parts kit concept. If pistol number 1 breaks, am I going to cannibalize a perfectly good pistol to fix the broken one? No, I'm going to use pistol number 2 until it breaks. Chances are that the same part will break in both pistols, so I won't be able to cannibalize the remnants of pistol number 1 to fix pistol number 2. If I haven't send pistol number 1 back to Taurus for repair, then I'll have two paperweights. It's better to think of the second pistol as a spare to use while the first is in the shop.:D

Something I've been meaning to try is replacing small parts in my Taurus pistols with small parts from some other manufacturer, such as Glock or Ruger. I believe that Glock and Ruger will sell parts. The one part that seems unique to Taurus is that sucky little spring-loaded plunger that holds the extractor in place. Of course, one might drill a hole in the slide for a real extractor pin.:D

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
They were so inexpensive I purchased several over a 6 month period. I figured if I had at least a spare, I could carry one while the other was at Taurus. Then I realized mags were impossible to find (at the time), so I bought more "back ups" to get more mags. I think I ended up with 5. Very nice for gifts, etc. For instance, my SIL was moving to Philly for school. A Taurus and a box of ammo met his needs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lakeline great, I've ordered many parts and accessories from these guys, they just don't sell spare parts (extractors, small springs, pins etc)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts