Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
Numrich doesn't appear to have it. Anyone have a source fro the ramped sight on the PT101?

Thanks
I have no idea and IF it is the same rear sight as the PT99 well then you are kind of SOL to be honest, you may end up buying a parts pistol to get the rear sight.
again I have no idea if its the same rear sight as the PT99 .

Reactions: CWB

·
Registered
21,120 Posts

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
Was the ramped rear sight available on the 92? I thought it was only on the 101.

Thanks
92 and 100 had fixed rear sight-- 99 and 101 had adjustable rear sight.

Reactions: william

·
Registered
17,569 Posts
I have a pair of PT99s and my greatest firearms fear is breaking the rear sight on one of them. Fixed site for the 92 & 100 are easy to find (I think I may have a couple spares but will never need them), but that ramp site is a different breed of cat. I spent a couple years looking for one at least once or twice a week in the online gun parts sites. I've even seen slices for sale with the rear sight removed because it was as valuable as the slide. And there is NO way to adapt the fixed site to the 99 & 101 that I can see, unless you own a machine shop.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Depends on the type rear sight you have on your pistol. The following link is a picture I took of my PT99 compared with my M992. Should be same for PT101.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/...-pt99-af-d-rear-sight-broken.html#post3446114

This has been on back order for 2 years this month. Took a flying chance and contacted Taurus to check on the order and another for recoil spring for a PT111 Mil Pro. Recoil spring still on backorder, but the M992 sight is now in stock. Told them to ship the two I had on backorder $104.51 including shipping. This is SUPPOSED to have ALL the components for M992 sight Item #53 rear sight; #54 spring: #55 rear sight pin - so I won't celebrate until I get the package to see if all is there. I'm gambling it is same as what's on my PT99 (mine is not broken - I did this as a safeguard in the event it goes south). If I'm wrong, not going to lose any sleep over it - I've spent more than that on a single bottle of Tequila. :D

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Depends on the type rear sight you have on your pistol. The following link is a picture I took of my PT99 compared with my M992. Should be same for PT101.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/...-pt99-af-d-rear-sight-broken.html#post3446114

This has been on back order for 2 years this month. Took a flying chance and contacted Taurus to check on the order and another for recoil spring for a PT111 Mil Pro. Recoil spring still on backorder, but the M992 sight is now in stock. Told them to ship the two I had on backorder $104.51 including shipping. This is SUPPOSED to have ALL the components for M992 sight Item #53 rear sight; #54 spring: #55 rear sight pin - so I won't celebrate until I get the package to see if all is there. I'm gambling it is same as what's on my PT99 (mine is not broken - I did this as a safeguard in the event it goes south). If I'm wrong, not going to lose any sleep over it - I've spent more than that on a single bottle of Tequila. :D
Received my rear sights today - and as I suspected would happen, they items #54 spring & #55 pin were no where in sight. Guess I'll spend some time on phone or chat with Taurus CS today to get it sorted.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Just off chat line with Taurus. They are sending me the springs Item #54 and pins Item #55 on new order no charge. I'll celebrate when they arrive.

As for the sight - put calipers to it and it is identical in width and distance to cross pin hole as on my PT99 - just a hair difference on sight blade width which affects nothing. The new sight doesn't have dots left/right of sighting cut out, but dimensionally, best I can tell is same. I'm even more convinced the Tracker M992 rear sight is a valid replacement for PT99/101 pistols. I'm not going to disassemble my OK PT99 to prove beyond a doubt, but I'm sure if there are any nuances they could be overcome - but I'm fairly certain that will not be the case.

The parts #53, #54 & #55 for a M992 Tracker are currently in Taurus stock - so if you're after a replacement for sight on PT99/101 I'd go for it while you can.

1.12 REAR SIGHT ASSEMBLY = #53 for M992 Tracker Item#31270093 for Mod 88/889/627/627T/44... description on PS.
(PT 99 / PT 101 / PT 101P)
1.13 REAR SIGHT PIN = #55 for M992 = Item # 31240267
1.14 REAR SIGHT SPRING = #54 for M992 = Item # 31300286

Picture of M992 & PT99 rear sight link. Some older PT 99 use a different sight I believe.

Reactions: CWB

·
Registered
17,569 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If that works, everyone with a PT99/101 should order a spare. I have two PT99s but fortunately the rear sights are in good shape. My plan B is to swap out the slide for one of the extra PT92s I have.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
LOL, sometimes I wonder what goes thru Taurus CS heads - they were to send me (2) each pins & springs that were shorted from my 2 yo backorder for two rear sight assemblies - I confirmed with CS that was the case - two of each - today I receive one of each and paperwork says same. I'll call Monday to see if I can get the balance and finally FINALIZE this order. Sigh!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts