Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years back, Taurus had some Protector Poly revolvers that came with a neon green or neon pink two finger boot grip. Does anyone know where I can find those? No luck on eBay or Taurus parts. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to check with the group, Taurus parts does have the hot pink boot grip for the Model 85. Does anyone know if the grip stud/screw hole placement is the same for the 605 Poly as it is for the model 85?

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
Different grip frame.

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
The Polys use a screw into the bottom of the grip/grip frame. The 85 metal uses a screw through the side of the grip. Totally different.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it was certainly wise of me to check with the group regarding the hot pink grips for the Model 85. I found a guy on eBay who makes custom urethane grips for the 605 Poly, both the full size and the boot grips. He lists some of the full size grips in neon colors and the boot grips were in darker colors. I asked, and he is going to make a neon green and an orange boot grip and post them up. I will likely buy them and will post pictures when they are delivered and mounted to the revolvers. This will be helpful to me since I am using my Polys primarily for outdoor recreation, and a neon grip will help me locate it if I drop it into the forest duff, underbrush or snow. The same reason why I like to use orange-handled folding knives when I am out in the woods.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here is my new neon orange Taurus Protector Poly two finger boot grip from Dtillander on eBay.com. This is a thing of beauty and is exactly what I wanted. I also just bought the neon green grip that I also asked him to make.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Here is my new neon orange Taurus Protector Poly two finger boot grip from Dtillander on eBay.com. This is a thing of beauty and is exactly what I wanted. I also just bought the neon green grip that I also asked him to make.

Color fill with orange and my in-laws will love you! Go Vols!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
The seller is actually tillander637.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Nice looking grips! Were they hard to install?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts