Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Where to find 24/7 .45 12rd. Mags?

7K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Rugerman 
#1 ·
Other than straight from Taurus, is there a good, reasonably priced source for 24/7 .45 12rd. mags? Natchez lists them for less than $30, but they are out of stock.

#3 ·
Has anyone ordered 24/7 pro (.45) mags from CTD? I'm wondering because the pic is NOT the mag that I have in my gun. Are they factory or aftermarket? I spent a goodly amount of time looking for mags, and could only find CTD and Natchez who had them even listed at a reasonable price (the only other place started at $56 per) And don't want to waste money and time on something that doesn't work...especially at $30+ for each one....

#8 ·
A different question within this thread....is there any aftermarket mags out there for the Taurus 24/7's? Or is Taurus the only game in town right now? I know that there are a few mag manufacturers that put out great product, and there are some that shouldn't be wasting the crappy steels in their production line....

#9 ·
No Aftermarkets for the 24/7 magazines as yet.

It is my understanding that Mec-Gar runs the Magazine Fabrication and Assembly section of the Taurus Factory and there is no Mec-Gar marketing of the Taurus 24/7 magazines at this time. Perhaps in the Future. It does pay, however, to use the best magazines you can get!

#12 ·
bubbas4570 said:
I did not know they are "part" of Taurus....explains a couple of things for me.
Sub-Contracted, not Part of. S&W has a similar deal with them. Mec-Gar uses part of the S&W Facility and employs most of the S&W Workers that S&W laid-off when S&W sub-contracted out their Magazine Manufacturing.

#16 ·
I have the 24/7 Pro in .45 and i've successfully used Rock Island P14 magazines, Para P14 magazines and Springfield P14 magazines. they all lock in place and feed perfectly. I haven't purchased any, but I suspect that these magazines might be similar to the P12 with a fancy base.

#17 ·
JoeSnuffie said:
I have the 24/7 Pro in .45 and i've successfully used Rock Island P14 magazines, Para P14 magazines and Springfield P14 magazines. they all lock in place and feed perfectly. I haven't purchased any, but I suspect that these magazines might be similar to the P12 with a fancy base.

What capacity versions have you tried? And did they stick out the bottom of the magwell much?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.