Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where is the nest place to get a scale to measure trigger pull? I have quit a few pistols and would like to measure the trigger pull on them. It would also be nice to have around for friends that want to know how much there trigger pull is.

Thanks for any help you can offer

·
Registered
81 Posts
Brownells and Midway come to mind. Visit their sites and search for 'trigger gauge' or 'trigger gage' to get the lists of what they have.

·
32,616 Posts
Dillon's Blue Press catalog usually has them for sale as well as Lyman Products and www.e-gunparts.com . Realize that todays pistols and revolvers may have a DA trigger pull beyond the normal 12 pound maximumn setting that most trigger pull gages have.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found one on ebay that goes up to 25lbs. would that be the one I need if I have a lot of DAO pistols

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the Lyman digital one , it goes to 12 lbs. and works good for me it also has a memory so you can do a 10 pull avg.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
frostyeyes said:
I have the Lyman digital one , it goes to 12 lbs. and works good for me it also has a memory so you can do a 10 pull avg.
That's good. I've found that the weight changes depending on where on the trigger the hook catches and which way you pull. Surely some day someone will build a guage that fits insight the trigger guard that more closely matches the action of the trigger finger?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts