Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 709 slim on the way from Palmetto State Armory: Taurus 709 SLIM 9mm 7rd Blue Slide - Taurus - Handguns - Firearms $269.99 even beat Bud's prices. I'm waiting for a call from my FFL.

The gun only comes with 1 mag (hence the lower price?) AND I'm having trouble finding mags on line - even on the Taurus home sight. I've seen complaints of poor fitment and other sights that call the mags 709s but do not mention Slim - NOT helping me want to buy and possibly return. I'll make some calls Monday but thought that (after searching the sight) I'd post up here to see if I can get the real story!

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
The 709 Slim is just to emphasize how thin it is. You can order any 709 mag, altho I don't of any 3rd party offerings. Maybe someone else can help....

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - all excellent suggestions (vendors that i use) and good info to help me go ahead and buy. I set out to get a pocket pistol / summer carry smaller than my Kahr CW9 and the Taurus jumped out at me. I like Glocks (some similarities), the price was right. The trigger sounds very gooda the price was right AND I found them in stock. After a few recent gun "hunts" that was refreshing. Now if the adjustable sights come to me in good condition I think I'll be a happy guy! Thanks all. I'll post up more from the range and carry setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mingaa,
I just bought a slim and now am experiencing the "no mags" issue also. How did your search for mags end up? I may cancel my slim order if this is the way Taurus is.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
The following link is but one of many about Slim mags:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700-s/83847-pt-709-factory-mag-ebay.html

ALL Taurus magazines, almost regardless of model, are currently very hard to come buy due to buying frenzy. Taurus is also on the cusp of introducing new models or Gen 2's of existing models. Inventories are down just about everywhere. Someone posted that Gander Mt. had some in stock, but wanted $50 for each, which is a rip off. I expect stock for Slim mags will again become available, and I sure wouldn't cancel a Slim order cause I can't currently find a mag - but that's me.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I have found that All popular mags are on backorder even single stackers.Midway is where I placed 2 709 mags on b/o 2 weeks ago and they cancelled my cart.now they say no backorder so,I didnt even look at the current price. even popular lo caps are not out there except prob 1911 style, I would hazard a guess, (dont have one, didnt check)the last 709 mag I got some months ago was $31.99 at CTD with 5 mini-14 mags & 1 pt92 mag and compared to gander mountain in my area was cheap,for a 709 mag they wanted $48.00 & freight! I guess we will all have to wait, I will just not pay these prices!WAH!:(...............we all have to bond together and quit hoarding everything....write our legislators....and fight it out.they cant ban every thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Wino....that's good advice. I really like the slim as a CCW and it sounds like sooner or later, things will loosen up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 709 and put 200 rds through it today I like it and actually was shooting better one handed than 2. I am amazed we can't find any magazines anyone have an update or luck finding them?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any mag seems to be on the crazy list - go figger. There have been some staggering numbers on gun auction and eBay sales for mags under 10 rounds!! Hi-cap. Forgedddaboudit!! I'm lucky to have what I need (what I want is still more mags) so i can sit on the sidelines for a while.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank God the guy I got my 709 from (brand new) came with one mag, but he had a stock of them. Bought an extra mag for $25. i'll ask him if he has any left

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just as a point of interest for the future, whenever I buy a new pistol, I buy 6 or 8 mags at the same time. Did that with my 709 and I'm very happy now. Have at least 8 for every pistol I own. Seemed wasteful at first, but during the last ban, got more $$ when I sold my 15 round Ruger P 94 mags than I did for the pistol.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I just saw this and for the heck of it, my 709 only came with one mag. Was able to get 2 mags for $40 each at LGS few wks back. I guess this is good price etc
When I saw Mingaa post where he brought his 709 for $ 269 new thought boy did I get taken brought mine for $ 400 w/1 mag last month! But I see Mingaa U brought yours last April
Think I will wait and drool over that 357 until things settle down $$

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Haven't run across any 709 mags, but did run across 3-4 740 and some PT140MilPro mags at Academy stores - didn't buy cause I didn't need. Both in the $34 area.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts