Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been practicing shooting multiple targets (right and left, left and right). I don't draw, but rather lift the pistol quickly from my side. With my Taurus Model 65, the shots are all in the target (I'm using 9" paper plates, so it's in the center 6"). Using my Glock G22, the first round misses the plate, while the rest (of 10 rounds) hit the targets (not as pretty as the 65, but solid hits. The CZ40B is accurate like the 65, and the Ruger P95DC is usually OK, but the first shot it is iffy. What's the best way to make sure that the first shot is true (most important shot anyway). I shoot from 7 yrds, 10 yds and 15 yds.

My next buy will be a 24/7 or a 92. Which is your favorite, by the way. Thanks for your help.

Dave :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
When I bring up my Glock it's always high, so I have to adjust because of the grip angle.
Especially after using one of my other brands. Considering your following shots are on target, I'd imagine if you just concentrated on the Glock for the next few trips to the range it would get better. Don't really have a favorite. I guess for a range gun I prefer my Ruger P89 or my Taurus 99. For other fun shooting, Bersa 45, Sig 40 and of course my Bersa 380. ( Most fun gun of all to shoot, and close to being the most accurate )

·
Registered
202 Posts
My first shot always goes high. Then I seem to compensate and start to hit the target. Without a doubt my favorite gun to shoot in my collection is the 24/7

·
Registered
339 Posts

It depends on a lot of possible conditions and scenarios.

·
Registered
325 Posts
im gonna say high. i think some nerves play a part in the first shot wether it be nervousness or excitment. might just be me. dont get to the range as much as i would like. so its a little of both of those for me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
First shot is usually point of aim but the second is usually low. Especially with my PT99 during that transition from double action to single action. I really have to watch myself with the last four rounds in my Glock 30 for some reason.

No matter what I shoot the groups from the first mag of the session are usually the best. Seems the more I shoot the worse it gets. ;D

·
Registered
174 Posts
my first shot tends to be high left, i attribute it to the fact that i haven't got the memory of the trigger down on the first shot and i am a lefty, but on the second shot it is usually right on as my trigger memory returns, if i super concentrate on a squeeze off my first shot is ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I genaraly am high right single handed. Two handed I am mich more center. I have a pt111 love it for cc suprisingly I just got a pt92ss love it may be my new cc for awhile, Im a larger man so center back is perfect. Goodluck on descisions... :-\

·
Registered
959 Posts
The Instructors here, teach the Girls in the "panic" of a shoot out, to start low... Shoot HIM (BG) in the BALLS (ouch) and keep pulling the trigger till the Gun is empty...!!! That gives the fastest Bullet Times to the target... As the Gun Climbs after each shot... the Bullets are moving up center-mass without having to Pull the Barrel back on Mass after each shot... It lets the Little Lady's get 5 rounds on the (BG) in 1 1/2 seconds. Its the save your Life Scenario... The FBI recommends 1 1/2 seconds, or your Dead. The idea is to get ahead of (BG's) brain function, while he's thinking about aiming, and shooting you... Its the same in all Self-Defense Courses For Girls... (go for the BALLS, even with Guns)...YIKES...

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Dang!!! Sgt :eek:
I about squealed in a high voice after reading that..lol :D

When i shoot i think mine go high and to the right(especially shooting D/A)
When shooting S/A , really don't have a problem..
To be honest, i have never really thought about it :rolleyes:
I am going shooting this weekend and i am definitely going to check it out now.
I know that when i shoot, i automatically adjust after my first shot, and i think it comes from habit..
Does anyone else just shoot and then adjust without thinking about it :???:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
dbsoundguy said:
Does anyone else just shoot and then adjust without thinking about it :???:
Yup...but my adjustments come before the first shot is fired. Cops aren't allowed to miss the BG on the first shot ;) Well, at least I never did.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Great point ..NYPD... :D :D :D

I am always shooting at targets that are not moving or trying to shoot me..Whewww :)

I do know that when i shoot i always hit in the ring somewhere on the first shot, and i think it is high...
This is a great thread, kinda makes you think a little now... ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,581 Posts
The low shot works not because your shooting his balls but its more likely it hit the pelvis region and thats what stops anybody you keep fireing becase this does not kill but only stops threre foward motion a little info from some pros hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts