Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I wait impatiently for my CCDW from KY. I have had certain thought enter my mind. My carry rig will place the guns over my right hip pocket, or just in front of it. As exposing the gun to the public is a NO NO!!

Where the heck do you carry your wallet. Except for my time in the navy, I have always had my wallet in my right rear pocket. If I am holstered in that area, how would I access the wallet without exposing.

Yeah, simple thing is move it to the left rear pocket, make sure the spare mags, or speed loaders are in a case that looks like a multi tool pouch, or camera so no one guesses.

For cash situations it is not a problem, I carry cash in bill clip in front pocket, but if I need ID, credit cards or Ins. cards (health or auto) I guess I need to learn to put it on the opposite side.

How, have the rest of you worked out this problem, or not had the problem. My silly mind would love to know how you carry wallet, or check book, maybe even both when your packing.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I carry mine in the same place I always have. I carry concealed IWB just behind my hip, same side as my wallet. Wallet in the back pocket. I am just a bit more careful that I don't hike my shirt tail up too high when getting to the wallet. The real trick is getting to my Surefire light (belt pouch) without showin' everybody my bidnez.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doctor_Venkman said:
The real trick is getting to my Surefire light (belt pouch) without showin' everybody my bidnez.
Hmmm!! Now that is a new name for what, (your Butt, skin one, or gun)??

Sorry I just had to do that!!

oh, NOW I SEE, bidnez = business!!! Oh well, I have an excuse I am OLD!!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
My wallet is where it has always been...in my left rear pocket.

When I carry off-duty it's done in various locations.
The one constant is my S&W 340PD in my right front pocket.
Other than that I'll most likely have my PT145, Glock 19, or XD-45 in a belt holster behind my right hip. (That's with my shirt untucked)

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NYPD in AZ said:
My wallet is where it has always been...in my left rear pocket.
Well that is why I posted this for idea's. Seems like my thoughts for left rear are valid. Not sure if I am gonna go with carrying a 2nd gun yet. If so I think It will need something smaller than a 6 rd 357, or 12 rd 9mm.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Robby said:
Hmmm!! Now that is a new name for what, (your Butt, skin one, or gun)??

Sorry I just had to do that!!

oh, NOW I SEE, bidnez = business!!! Oh well, I have an excuse I am OLD!!
:D

Carrying IWB untucked, you should not having much trouble getting your wallet. Unless you have really high girly pockets. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I carry my personal stuff where I've always carried it: wallet in my left rear pocket, keys in my left front pocket, phone in my right rear pocket and sometimes a knife in my right front pocket. CC didn't change any of that.

When I started CC I bought an IWB for my PT145. I carry it at 2:00. It feels most comfortable in that position and doesn't print when I bend down as behind the back would do. I tried behind the back but it didn't feel right. I found the same issues about keeping it concealed that Robby pointed out.

Maybe there are better ways, but I'm good with my method so far.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have already moved my defence knife to the left side of my body, and am trying out the wallet there.

The holsters I bought are both right handers, where the muzzle should be right at or just below the belt bottom edge. I bought the high carry holsters to make it less likely that I will forget and bend over an show the goodies.

Today, I have been considering a two shot derringer for a BUG, in either 38/357, or the longer 45/410. That I could carry pocket or ankle. I tend in the summer to wear high boots, sometimes western, but usually the farm style. No laces, we already have a derringer holster that would clip on the boots.

So sometimes we have to make changes, I am practicing with the knife and left hand opening and defence. Doing computer work today, so I did not get to do my one handed reloading drill yet.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i've always carried my wallet in my FRONT right pocket..

but since i like the gun in the 3 or 4 'o clock pos it could be exposed while getting it.

so i just move it to the left side.. i also figure if someone tries to mug me i can have the wallet in my left hand, draw with the right.

·
Administrator
35,507 Posts
Here is the perfect answer for conceal carry:

Seriously, sometimes I really do wish it was acceptable to carry something that you could carry a gun in.....camera cases or fanny packs help alot, though.....

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am just like every one else. I still carry everything where I always did, but now I am more careful when grabbing my wallet. I carry right on my right hip and it just takes a little discretion when going for the wallet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Heck, just move to Pennsylvania where open carry is legal. And if you prefer to CC a flash of your gun is no big deal.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I carry my wallet in my left front pocket. I started doing that a few years ago because I don't like the pain in the butt (literally) that I was getting from sitting in cars and airplanes on a bump. It is also more secure, as front pockets are not as likely to get picked. I whittled the thing down to just a few cards and my ID (DL and CPL), and don't miss all the extra stuff. Heck, most of my membership cards and such have become little tags on my key ring, so I still have them on me most all the time. Also, I have never carried money in my wallet - always in my left front pocket. This mode of carrying my essentials makes it fairly easy to access my front pockets without flashing the "goods."

(EDIT)
BTW, since my right front pocket is habitually free of other flotsam and jetsam, it is always empty and ready for me to slip my M85 into it if I need to.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Mine goes in my left rear. Just start trying to switch and see if you get used to it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
My back pockets are empty, but I carry at 10:00 off-duty. The left-hander's version of appendix carry.

Wait, sometimes my P3AT ends up in my back pocket in a homemade pocket holster. Looks like my wallet.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Sounds like I carry more stuff in my pockets than most of you but here's out it works for me (this is daily carry stuff):

Primary gun (subcompact XD) is IWB right hip.

Right front pocket: Wallet and Leatherman Wave (has accessible knife blades...), cell phone clipped here too
Watch pocket: Vehicle keys
Left front pocket: Rest of keys, money clip, lock blade, spare mag, sometimes MP3 player, used to keep cell phone there until I got the current larger do-everything phone.
Right rear pocket: small notebook, pen, other assorted stuff as needed
Left rear pocket: either empty or ear phones for MP3 player, occasionally additional spare mags.

Now if I add a pocket gun I have to shift things around a bit and that does vary.

I can access whatever I need without revealing my sidearm. You do need to change how you do somethings to make your life easier. For example, if accessing a back pocket that is next to your gun, don't sweep your hand all the way around, lift up the back of your shirt to to it. Once you start thinking things through it becomes second nature.

Steelheart

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh the heck with it! I think I will get that purse!!
texastaurusguy said:
Here is the perfect answer for conceal carry:
Actually, I am considering making a holster, like was done by someone here but with an extended flap with holes to go in this 3 ring binder, a large leather CD holder, that has a handle, but does not look like a purse. If I punch the holes right in the holster extended flap, it will clip into the CD holder, and could be used for a larger 2nd gun and the mags or speed loaders too. It looks like a zip up binder, but is large enough for even a 4" barreled gun.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I stopped carrying my wallet in my back pocket and my back problems went away. It creates a mis alignment of the pelvis and lower back that can catch up with you.
I carry my wallet in my right front, my ccw in my left front and just work out the rest around that. If I have to put my keys in my back pocket I do.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts