Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there , does anyone know where can I get magazines to suit a PT92c in the in the UK or Europe. The weapon I have only came with one and i was looking for a couple more but only seem to be able to source in the US and have not yet been able to find a dealer that will ship to UK.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, should have said ... having spoken to Taurus in Florida the standard PT92 mags fit. I have been looking at Mecgar mags (15rds it just sticks out of the bottom of the grip a bit) but again so far only US avaiable. any info would be really appreciated. Cheers

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I would be absolutely astonished if you could get one in the UK (legally), I assume you are not located there?

Or are you a section 5 holder?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Living in Northern Ireland, should be in my prifile now, I'm still getting to grips with this forum thing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Try Huntershouse in Danmark. Hunters House A/S Ask for Jorgen. Wery likely he can help you.
He speaks good english so that wont be a problem.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Living in Northern Ireland, should be in my prifile now, I'm still getting to grips with this forum thing.
Lucky, lucky man. I still can't get my head around the fact that Northern Ireland are part of the UK but you can still own hand guns.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Try Huntershouse in Danmark. Hunters House A/S Ask for Jorgen. Wery likely he can help you.
He speaks good english so that wont be a problem.

Thanks Ingvarg called him today. He says he can supply but I'll have to check out import laws for N Ireland. The only other problem seems to be the cost but beggars may not be choosers.

Cheers

Reactions: Ingvarg

·
Registered
509 Posts
Midway UK stock all the PT92 parts. Magazines arnt restricted for sale in the UK (NI and Isle of man are excempt form the 1997 pistol ban anyway). Remember the new SGC 9mm takes glock mags, the old one uzi mags and the enfield .45 conversions take 1911 mags. The only restricted parts are section 1 pressure bearing parts i.e barrels, bolts, recivers ect that are coverd under the act and require proof marking within the UK... A magazine is stimply a piece of metal. There is really no such thing as a section 5 part. To quote the FSS its the sum of the parts that makes the gun with the exception of a barrel that is under 12" being rifled and chamberd as it cannot be used on anything other than a section 5 firearm.

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/ebrowse.exe/search?search_keywords=pt99

If the part you are looking for is not listed just call them. Im sure Peter will be able to source the magazine for you

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Chris, I ordered 2 MecGar 15rd mags this evening. Can't believe that after quite a bit of fruitless net searching and phone calls I ended up getting what I wanted locally ( I mean the UK). I was begginning to believe the dealers i had contacted here that told me I would not get what I was looking for. Almost 50% more than the same item in the US , but if you can't get it, that means diddlysquat. thanks again.

Reactions: Ingvarg

·
Registered
509 Posts
No problem mate. Glad I could help. I know what you mean about UK prices but unfortunatley the limited marked drives up prices. I am supprised that a gunsmiths in NI hadnt got the mags, however the PT92 isnt really as populars as glocks ect. Very nice gun though

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mags arrived this week,well chuffed, everything seems to fit well, but I'll just have to wait until club shoot at the end of the month to test fire. I actually had Midway US saved in my favourites when I went looking as it was one of the sites that had come up in my original search but I don't think there is any reference to Midway UK ....thats if they are the same company?

Thanks again for sharing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spent the best Saturday in a long time last Saturday. 100m range Ruger 10/22 and 200 rds for two leisurely hours with like minded people ...no one taking it too seriously, then 20m,15m,10m with PT92c and 250rds for an hour. Then to my clay pigeon sporting club and two 40bird shoots with lunch in between (awfully civilised). I am very well pleased with the pistol as the last time I fired it was 2006 I think, you would think it had been fired every week .. never missed a beat and the Meccar mags worked well.Cheers guys for your help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts